Cot in a Sawtooth

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a cot to use in my sawtooth. Ive been looking at quite a few and cant decide on one for comfort but to maintain some room. Not looking for one during backpacking I guess, more so the roadside camping. I use my airpad while backpacking. Ive used the shelter last year as a backpack and roadside tent. Seemed to work out great and like the idea of keeping my pad packed up when back at the vehicle. Just bust out the cot for a night or two. Also have a tag this year in north Dakota during the month of November. Hotels are not too close for the most part and would be nice to just sleep close to where im hunting. The stove will come in handy if the weather gets chilly. So heres where I am getting picky. Im 6-2 and finding a cot to fit on takes up a lot of space. Now add that I will probably be hunting with someone else.... seems like two large cots can eat up the room in a sawtooth pretty quick. Any suggestions and pictures? Might not need room for much gear if I am close to the truck. And the rest can be stowed under the cot if its high enough....few thoughts.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Thermarest cots. They offer a standard and an UL model. Very sturdy and half the cost of the Helinox

Last edited:
So the cots were a huge hit with my girlfriend, who doesn't sleep well anywhere. I also thought they were comfortable, but I could sleep very well on a sleeping pad that was laying on a concrete slab, so perhaps my opinion isn't as valued. My only complaint is that they are a little time consuming to assemble, other than that, I have no complaints and could see myself getting years of use out of these.

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We highly recommend the roll-a-cot to our customers as well.

Keep in mind when using a tipi tent of any kind, the taller the cot is the further away from the sloping wall of the tent it needs to be. A big, tall cot can rob a great deal of the usable room inside the tent. The roll-a-cots are a comfortable height, super sturdy, and DON'T have a cross piece at the ends. They pack up pretty small too, the fabric rolls around the poles. Good choice for any use I suppose but a really great option for use in tipi tents.

Akicita

WKR
I use a Byers of Maine Tri-Lite cot in my Redcliff on extended base camp trips. . . I think I paid around $75 for them on Amazon. It will definitely work in a Sawtooth

0hfYvTi.jpg

OP
BrentLaBere

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
We highly recommend the roll-a-cot to our customers as well.

Keep in mind when using a tipi tent of any kind, the taller the cot is the further away from the sloping wall of the tent it needs to be. A big, tall cot can rob a great deal of the usable room inside the tent. The roll-a-cots are a comfortable height, super sturdy, and DON'T have a cross piece at the ends. They pack up pretty small too, the fabric rolls around the poles. Good choice for any use I suppose but a really great option for use in tipi tents.

Great point about the height of the cot. BIGHORN ROLL-A-COT ®, 84"X32"X18", AND 3 LEG FRAMES - this is the one Im leaning towards. In the link provided, it looks like its 170$. Any one have recommendations on where to buy one?