Cot recommendations

jdvanstar

WKR
I am looking for a cot fordoing some camping/hunting. This will be for camping near a car (I use a pad for the backcountry). Anyone have some recommendations? I'm having a hard time figuring out what's best.

Thanks!

Westside

FNG
The Cabela's XL cot is as huge as specs say it is, I'm 6'5 and bought it because of its length but it was in reality to big both width and overall weight, length was perfect but to wide and heavy for a small wall tent.

Mosby

WKR
I bought the disc-o-bed bunk beds for my tent. Normally we have two guys in my 12x 12 and they take up the same footprint as single cots but provides each guy with a bottom cot to put clothing, equipment etc., Helps keep the tent organized and stuff off the floor.

Also provides 2 additional beds if needed. Really max out the available space. Expensive compared to single cots but I highly recommend them. Also very sturdy and comfortable fwiw.

LaHunter

WKR
Cabelas cots are good. I would recommend the size that is about 30" wide. This is plenty wide to be comfortable, but not so wide to consume too much tent space, like the 40" wide cots.

I have a slumberjack xl that has been great. It's pretty much the same as the cabelas but lighter. The cabelas cot is good too.

Bulldawg

WKR
Yes the Cabelas xl may take up quite a bit of space, but man is it worth it haha. It’s really nice having the xl cot, xl pad, and the magnum sleeping bag, they are all the same dimensions so nothing hangs off the other. I’m not a big dude, but having a cot that can support 600 pounds or whatever it is, makes sure the material stays tight night after night and doesn’t sag much, it’s good

But with that all said, I have a lot of friends that are about to be fired from Cabelas so it’s kind of hard for me to recommend anything Cabelas and Bass Pro now I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cabelas XL (a.k.a the air craft carrier), it is big and roomy, i also have a Davis Tent Cot. I like both of them and have used both for several weeks of camping. The Davis is sturdy but weighs a ton! Like 50lbs. It is heavy! The Cabelas works well, but i may have to check out the Roll a Cot because it seems pretty sweet too.

I have a couple of issued cots that I bought at a surplus store. I think I paid $50 for both of them. With an air mat they are comfy enough for the camping i am doing. However, I rarely use them as I use my Helinox cot for 90% of the camping that I do.