Crispi Briksdal GTX SF Boot Review, By Kyle Virgin

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Crispi-Photo-1.jpg

This is not the typical short-term review that you see on other sites. Kyle has spent three years wearing the Crispi Briksdal boots. That's three years of hard testing in the Alaskan backcountry. Check out his review to see how well they held up!

Crispi Briksdal GTX SF Boot Review

Great review! I don’t have nearly that many miles or years on my Briksdals but so far I concur they are very comfortable and capable boots.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys, it’s been a fun three years. I’m looking forward to many more adventures yet to come in my new pair.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
New boot ritual: pull the laces, rub Obenauf’s into the leather by hand until it won’t take anymore.

b724ee4a30c98ba3965500029b5b2cf5.jpg

I have had great luck with these insoles. Ran them in my last pair of Crispi boots as well.

62440c70943c6d65a013f79868188b15.jpg

They’re almost and exact match without any trimming.

fec44ed9e0abf15c757c2f9e18ae8254.jpg

First time I’ve worn them was today. 10+ miles and over 3k feet of elevation gain while out looking for a bear. Multiple creek crossings later I still have dry, happy feet.

de5ef32b13d8af664e522348ba936eff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
New boot ritual: pull the laces, rub Obenauf’s into the leather by hand until it won’t take anymore.

b724ee4a30c98ba3965500029b5b2cf5.jpg

I have had great luck with these insoles. Ran them in my last pair of Crispi boots as well.

62440c70943c6d65a013f79868188b15.jpg

They’re almost and exact match without any trimming.

fec44ed9e0abf15c757c2f9e18ae8254.jpg

First time I’ve worn them was today. 10+ miles and over 3k feet of elevation gain while out looking for a bear. Multiple creek crossings later I still have dry, happy feet.

de5ef32b13d8af664e522348ba936eff.jpg

When you trim the super feet, do they tend to fray badly at the ends.?

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member

Never had an issue with it. Could be that I trim maybe an 1/8” off of one side. The only issue I had with my last set of liners is that I wore them out enough that the merino layer delaminated from the insole and would bunch up if I didn’t pay attention.

Clarktar

WKR

Robby I buy size 15 green super feet but I am a size 11.5 boot. The arch on the 15s line up with my foot really well. I then just trip the front down until it matches the original insole. I have never had a problem with fraying on the superfeet insole after several years of abuse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys. Haven’t been around superfeet. Thanks

Yeah, I have the merino ones in my scarpas and they didn’t fray at all from my trimming. And they’re fantastically comfortable!

Crispi-Photo-1.jpg

This is not the typical short-term review that you see on other sites. Kyle has spent three years wearing the Crispi Briksdal boots. That's three years of hard testing in the Alaskan backcountry. Check out his review to see how well they held up!

Crispi Briksdal GTX SF Boot Review
Thank you for sharing, I have the Briksdal GTX, and love them. However I do find them a little narrow. What are your thoughts on this?

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for sharing, I have the Briksdal GTX, and love them. However I do find them a little narrow. What are your thoughts on this?

If someone has a wide foot I don’t know if these would be a great boot. They have a more narrow heel with ample room inside the toe box, at least for my feet. I believe that’s what makes them hug my feet so well and provide such good ankle support. Other mountain boots I have worn feel similar in the heel but really cramp my toes much like a ski boot would.

Boot fit is such a personal thing that it would be impossible for one boot to be perfect for every person. My Dad has very wide, flat feet which makes finding boots for him extremely difficult. I think he’d really love a set of these if they came in an extra wide version.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
I had the non-SF Briksdal briefly. I returned them because even though I have fairly narrow feet, the toe box was too tight. Went to Scarpa and I’m doing better. Same narrow heel problem.

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
Great review been looking at these after running the Nevada’s for the past 4 years

Do you recommend these for a narrow foot?
They are much better for narrow feet than most of the traditional options from Crispi. I have narrow/low volume feet and they fit me great in that regard but I still had heel blister issues.

Chrisamx

FNG
They are much better for narrow feet than most of the traditional options from Crispi. I have narrow/low volume feet and they fit me great in that regard but I still had heel blister issues.
Thanks for reply. Do you have any other boot recommendations for narrow feet?

Thanks for reply. Do you have any other boot recommendations for narrow feet?
Zamberlan 980s are my go to's. They are a little tight on the small toe but my feet have been happiest in them overall compared to the many other options ive tried. I have the 966s and they also feel great with the exception of getting heel blisters (i have pointy heels and this happens in lots of boots). I like the 966s enough that i'm going to have a boot fitter punch the heels back a little.

La Sportiva boots with the trango last fit well. I use the trango trk a lot when not needing the full support/stiffness of something like the zamberlan 980s.

Hoffman hunters work well for me too.