Crispi Colorado's

For those who have tried these boots, what is your feedback? Pros and cons? I know everyone's foot is different. Just looking for general feedback.

Crispis👍! Ran them last year in the mountains during elk archery season. Fairly light yet good ankle support, waterproof still holding well. Good early season boots. Will drag them through the elk woods again this year.

TX_Diver

WKR
I've got a few Crispi boot's at home right now hat I bought to try in the house and return the rest. I typically wear a wide but prefer the regular widths in the Crispis (Nevada, Colorado, and Idaho at least, can't speak to the others).

From a spec's perspective I'd like to run the Nevadas although I'd prefer a 4 flex I think. I was advised against the Briksdal due to the width. The colorado's are the most comfortable to me and I do like the rocker on them. My main hesitation is the durability of the materials long term.

Crispi's seem pretty comfortable and I hear great things about them, I may use the Colorados this year so if I do I'll post my thoughts later as I've now tried on a few of the models.

For reference,I have a pair of the L&S boots also and in my opinion the quality of the Lathrop boots is a step up from the Crispi's though. Not to say the Crispi's are bad but more that the L&S boots are exceptional. Ultimately though you'll need to buy whatever fit's your feet. Crispi boots seem to get the most attention on the hunting forums. Blackovis will let you buy a few and return the ones you don't like. I've talked to them a few times on the phone and they've been great.

OP
smokingfire
I've got a few Crispi boot's at home right now hat I bought to try in the house and return the rest. I typically wear a wide but prefer the regular widths in the Crispis (Nevada, Colorado, and Idaho at least, can't speak to the others).

From a spec's perspective I'd like to run the Nevadas although I'd prefer a 4 flex I think. I was advised against the Briksdal due to the width. The colorado's are the most comfortable to me and I do like the rocker on them. My main hesitation is the durability of the materials long term.

Crispi's seem pretty comfortable and I hear great things about them, I may use the Colorados this year so if I do I'll post my thoughts later as I've now tried on a few of the models.

For reference,I have a pair of the L&S boots also and in my opinion the quality of the Lathrop boots is a step up from the Crispi's though. Not to say the Crispi's are bad but more that the L&S boots are exceptional. Ultimately though you'll need to buy whatever fit's your feet. Crispi boots seem to get the most attention on the hunting forums. Blackovis will let you buy a few and return the ones you don't like. I've talked to them a few times on the phone and they've been great.

That is great insight, thank you! I'm anxious to hear how you like the Colorado's after you try them.

Ramblr

FNG
Had them for a week and exchanged them for Kenetrek Hardscrabbles.

The Crispis felt felt good in the store and really secured my heels well. However, the toe box turned out to be too narrow for me. I was getting hot spots around my pinkie toes.

I also noticed that they were ridiculously hot on my feet.

The Kenetreks have over 50 miles on them now. I have never had a hot spot and they breath much better than the Crispis did.

Both boots were 10.5 regulars.

All that said, boots are very personal and YMMV.

Last edited:

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for hot spot near pinky toe. Felt good in the store, but I returned them after wearing around the house.

Otherwise, I thought they were great. The lacing system is nice, and the support seemed really good. I just wish the toe box was a little wider.

I used them on a my first diy backpack elk hunt in Montana last year. They’re light and comfortable. But I think calling them a 4 on the stiffness scale is inaccurate. They seem way softer than that to me, especially after puttting some miles on them. I’ve gone on to try boots that are a 5 on the stiffness scale like a sportiva trango tower, makalu and hanwag Ferrara 2 and they are worlds apart. I like a stiffer boot but I’ll still bring the Colorado’s In the truck for a back up.

I just recently picked up a pair. I haven't got a lot of miles on them yet, mostly wearing them to work a couple days a week, and on short hikes around the house to get them broke in (although I'm not sure how much "breaking in" they really need, seemed to be good after a couple days). My initial impressions are good, seem to be a very nice boot. I had a spot on my little toe on my right foot that rubbed for the first 2 days, then went away with a little time and adjusting the laces. My feet run HOT, these seem to breath a little better than my kenetrek mountain extremes, but not as good as my salomon x ultras (no surprise there).

Things that jump out to me early on, are how comfortable these are on flat ground, great rocker, these really don't feel like a stiff boot on flat ground. They have a more roomy toe box than my kenetreks. We will see how they hold up and how they work for me once I get a lot more miles on them, but initial impressions are good.