Crispi Comfort Issues

Muzzy48

FNG
Im having some issues with my new crispi Idaho’s. I’m developing hot spots on my heels after only a few miles in steeper or rocky terrian when the heel area is stretched tighter and pressure is applied. I’m also noticing a little bit of pressure on the top of my foot where the boot flexes. They feel great when walking on “flatter” ground though.

I originally bought Danner Pronghorns due to price to replace Rocky Marauders(my favorite boot i ever had comfort wise).They feel great but my feet/ankles hurt as though i was waking on concrete all day. I tried on Crispi’s and wanted a pair. They felt good in store and hear a lot of good reviews with little to no break in period needed. So far that hasn’t been the case for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My buddy got the same pair and is having similar issues. Did we get the wrong size? Is it just our feet? Need to break them in more? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bascott1

WKR
I bought the Idaho's and the thor's. Had some problems similar to yours with the idaho's and sent em down the road. I love the thor's though, favorite boot by far. Have you tried different insoles and lacing techniques to lock the foot and heel into place better?

I got a pair of Thor’s before turkey season and the first two times out my heels were hurting pretty bad. And it’s not because of slippage it’s like there a ridge that hits the top part of my heel that rubs when I walk up hill. I don’t notice it as much after several outings and love everything else about them, just wish the heel cup wasn’t so pronounced and was a tad taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Muzzy48

FNG
I appreciate all your feedback. I have tried different lacing techniques and that seems to help some.

My problem seems to be more along the lines that Flings issues are with the heel support and how it falls right on my heel itself which causes pressure when climbing steeper terrain. I feel like my heel is locked in pretty well.

I contacted Crispi and they suggested playing with insoles as well. I only have about 20miles on them but I thought they would feel better by now. I’ll have to try the insoles and socks with more cushion in the heel before I give up. Thanks again.

I appreciate all your feedback. I have tried different lacing techniques and that seems to help some.

My problem seems to be more along the lines that Flings issues are with the heel support and how it falls right on my heel itself which causes pressure when climbing steeper terrain. I feel like my heel is locked in pretty well.

I contacted Crispi and they suggested playing with insoles as well. I only have about 20miles on them but I thought they would feel better by now. I’ll have to try the insoles and socks with more cushion in the heel before I give up. Thanks again.

On the days where I really covered some ground I put a small square of Leuko tape on my heel and that fixed it completely for me. Kind of a pain to use tape every time but I do really like the boots. The last few hunts they have felt pretty good without the tape so maybe they are getting broke in now. Hopefully you figure it out!

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I have had those issues as well. They seem to get better with more miles on them. I really love the boots. I’ll change insoles if need to as I think that alone will resolve any remaining issue.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
It goes to show how personal boots are I guess, I tried several pairs of crispi after the constant talk about how great they are but I was shocked at how uncomfortable they all were for me. Most notably the rough seem right in the center of the heel pocket, I also didn't feel there was much shape the the heel pocket and you had to lace your heel tight which cause the aforementioned top of the foot pain and pinching.

I found hanwag to be my dream boot build

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Muzzy48

FNG
Keep the feedback coming! I really appreciate all of it.

Seems that the insole thing should be something I try. I’m also hoping that i just need more time in them and they will get better like they did for you Stroke. Right now, I’m having my doubts but they cost too much to just give up on them. I’ll also start using leuko tape for the time being so thanks Fling.

I guess I’m just glad it’s not just me that’s having similar issues. That’s what makes Rokslide so great. Thanks again.

If the top edge of the molded heel cup is bothering you try an insole with less overall lift. The heel cups in that style boot probably won’t soften much but you may be able to get yourself foot into better alignment with it.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I picked of a pair of Green Superfeet today to try. My boots seem to be getting better with more miles but figured I would try these out to see if it is icing on the cake. Regardless, I love my Idaho boots.

OP
M

Muzzy48

FNG
Yea i was looking at those on KUIU’s website. Let me know your thoughts once you put some miles on them.

Gapmaster

WKR
I got a pair of Thor’s before turkey season and the first two times out my heels were hurting pretty bad. And it’s not because of slippage it’s like there a ridge that hits the top part of my heel that rubs when I walk up hill. I don’t notice it as much after several outings and love everything else about them, just wish the heel cup wasn’t so pronounced and was a tad taller.

I’m having the same problems with my Wyomings...very frustrating

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
Hiked about 5 miles today with 1700 elevation gain. First time out with the Green Superfeet in and the boots did feel better. Hotspots seem to be gone even with a little foot movement on the descent. Pinky toes started to rub but I believe I can fix that with altering my lacing technique.

archp625

WKR

I'm having the same issues with mine. The "ledge" is killing my heel.

OP
M

Muzzy48

FNG
Just as an update from my original post...

The boots have gotten alot better since I started this post. I went ahead and got a pair of Superfeet(trailblazers) as well. I wouldn’t say it was a cure all but it was definitely better until the boots got more broken in. My feet sit below that “ledge” better instead of directly on it. I could almost immediately start going up steep grades and no longer have any issues.

I still get a minor hot spot on the balls of my feet at my big toe after a lot of walking but Leuko tape should solve that if needed while hunting.

Thanks for all the advice and good luck hunting!