Crispi style choice for whitetail saddle hunting

I have been thinking of getting a pair of Crispi boots for saddle hunting. Not sure on which model that everyone has best luck with on comfort and waterproof capabilities

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t comment on Crispi, but I used a pair of Hanwag Makra Trek Combi GTX last fall and really enjoyed using a stiffer boot. I preferred the stiffer boots as when standing on climbing sticks or the edge of a platform your boot remains fairly flat allowing for your feet to remain more comfortable. In all reality it’s not much different than my work boots in which I always get a solid shank.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I normally wear Salewa Alp Trainer Mids when it’s warm enough, but for later in the season when I need some insulation I wear the Crispi West River 2.0s with 400g of insulation. I went through several pairs, from the standard LaCrosse boots, to some typical Danner & Rocky choices, then tried the West Rivers on at Scheel’s and really liked them. So far only have a single season in them but they have been great.

I wear the crispi wild rock plus gtx down to about 20 degrees with no problems. They held up well this year. I think it depends on how minimal your platform and steps are. Bulky rubber boots don't do well on small platforms and small steps.

OP
B
I am good well into 20's with uninsulated boots with good socks and toasty toe warmers. I am only looking at uninsulated models of Crispi boots. Main concern is comfort, support, true to size fit and waterproof capability

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used Lapponia 2’s for quite a few hunts now for whitetail in upstate NY, Alabama, Mich, Texas, Georgia, and Turkey run-n-gun in Virginia. Mostly diy with plenty miles on foot and saddle hunting except 1 rifle hunt. From dry to torrential they have been flawless to this point. Many days were in the 20’s.

Never had water come in, I wear 11 in all my sneakers and these are 11 and fit perfect. I put superfeet in my boots, comfort has been great.

nosajnh

FNG
I bought a pair of insulated Nevadas and really liked them. I found them very comfortable both walking in them and standing on a platform. I wore them May- August, scouting and hiking then hunted from my saddle with them September-October. For myself, once the temps got into the 30-40 deg. Range they were not warm enough for long saddle hunts. I will definitely be wearing them to hunt turkeys this spring
1000003009.jpg

kal1431

FNG
I ran Crispi Guides this past season. My first pair of “expensive” boots. They were outstanding. Lots of miles on them and many hours in the saddle. Zero complaints.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I also use crispi guides uninsulated. Great boot for saddle hunting.

Radford

FNG
Why waste your money on crispis? Just because the dorks on this forum swear by them is my guess.

OP
B
Because I have friends that have some and I have been doing research on quality boots. But as long as I am the one paying for them I will buy whatever I choose to. You do you and I will do me!