crispi

jsad

FNG
looking at getting a pair of crispi boots thinking of going with the rest river. Im wondering how well they hold up and how many seasons ppl get out of them? i know depends on what kind of hunting, how well you take care of them ect... I'm just curious what other like or dont like about them before I spend alot of money on them. thanks

I'm on my 3rd year with the Colorados and have zero complaints on them. I use them all season in Virginia and have made two trips west to Montana with them.

Duh

WKR
I have the west rivers and think they’re decent. I’ve used them primarily in North and South Dakota from October through March and they have held up well. Used them elk hunting in Nevada during September and they were a little warm but not bad (my feet don’t sweat a lot). I’d guess I have north of 150 miles on them so far. The soles are a little hard but I don’t mind. should have got a half size up though.

My only complaint is, I think they could be a bit warmer. I find they get cold pretty quick in the snow, even with double layered socks.

Duh

WKR
Try not double layering socks. This is often counter productive, you need circulation to keep your feet warm and double layering often reduces circulation.
Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

Elkie

FNG
Great boots. Have used my Birksdal uninsulated for 4 years. Very comfortable. Tough to damage. Bought an insulated pair for this last year too. Sized up to a wider size to fit socks and have some more movement when sitting in cold.

Cleanshot

FNG
I have the 3 year old Thors and have stood in water in them just a few days ago and socks remained dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdaturbo

FNG
I love my valdres and briksdal boots. Going on over 4 years now. Can get them resoled for $100 whenever they wear out the vibram

gbflyer

WKR
Black Ovis is clearing several models. I just ordered another Valdres. Good boots, good place to order from.

jmike

FNG
$4years on my Idaho's, BEST boot I have ever owned. I am probably 50 days a season guy. My best freind and brother got some too!!!

MD97756

FNG
Crispi and my feet don’t get along. Got a little better with different insoles but still my feet hurt after 3 miles over relatively easy terrain. Gonna get something different here soon. Lanthrop and sons is leading the way so far

I have the Wild Rock, the Wyomings, and the Idahos. All three fit perfect (regular shoe size 11 D). Kenetrek Mountain Extremes didn't work for my feet. Crispis are perfect, and have remained waterproof over the several years I have used them. I clean them regularly, and treat them with the Crispi waterproofing cream on the Wild Rocks, and the Crispi waterproofing spray on the Idahos and Wyomings.

nobody

WKR
Love my Crispi’s. The only pair I ever had issues with was the Idaho’s, which shrunk up after getting sopping wet on the outside and then drying too fast. But otherwise, I’ve had some all synthetics and all leather boots from them in multiple different models and they’ve all worn like iron. Never leaked, never fallen apart, never hurt my feet. Multiple seasons of use are all but guaranteed in my experience. My favorites of all time have been the lapponia 2’s, by a long shot.

I had a pair of west river’s, and I’ll say they were probably my least favorite of all the crispi’s I’ve had. But that’s because they were insulated and my feet run hot enough that I physically can’t wear insulated boots. They were comfy and well made, my feet just came out dripping wet at the end of the day, even in November 3rd season mule deer in Colorado.

jwags551

FNG
Black Ovis is clearing several models. I just ordered another Valdres. Good boots, good place to order from.

Looking at the Valdres. Do they run narrow? I'm normally a 10.5 but unsure if I should order wide size or size up to 11

nobody

WKR
Looking at the Valdres. Do they run narrow? I'm normally a 10.5 but unsure if I should order wide size or size up to 11
The Valdres is one of crispi’s narrowest boots in the lineup by a long shot. Their boot widths kindof follow what I’ve got below:

Narrowest: Thor, Valdres, Altitude, Briksdal
Average: guide, Nevada, west river, summit, Colorado
Widest: lapponia, Idaho, Wyoming

There’s more boots in their lineup, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head and are their “bread and butter” models

jwags551

FNG
The Valdres is one of crispi’s narrowest boots in the lineup by a long shot. Their boot widths kindof follow what I’ve got below:

Narrowest: Thor, Valdres, Altitude, Briksdal
Average: guide, Nevada, west river, summit, Colorado
Widest: lapponia, Idaho, Wyoming

There’s more boots in their lineup, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head and are their “bread and butter” models
So if I go Valdres i should probably order 10.5 wide to be safe. Also reading the Lapponia 2 runs big, so need to size down a half size to 10. Thoughts?

MidwayUSA is running a great deal right now on both boots