Cross fit for seniors?

jlw

FNG
I have a hunt for Ibex scheduled in October for Ibex in October in Kyrgyzstan, I will be 70 years old at that time. What I would like is some advise from you folks if you feel cross fit training helps a older person stay in shape.
Some background: I am an experienced hunter, I have taken most American Big Game except the sheep, and I have hunted in Africa the last 2 years. I live in Arizona and 20 years ago was a competitive body builder in all natural competitions, Masters Division, as well a having completed in the Arizona Olympics in Power lifting. Since those days I suffered 2 major injuries, one a broken neck the other a broken heel on my right foot. Both took were over ten years ago and I have, for the most part, fully recovered. My weight training days are behind me, but I have been getting progressively back in shape during the last year or two. I went from 230 2 years ago to presently 192. I am 6' tall. My training consists presently of circuit training 3 days a week with Stairmaster and tread mill at incline. (1 to 1/2 hours) On Sunday hikes up South Mountain with a pack for 5-6 miles before it gets too hot during the day.
If I were to add 2 days of cross fit would it be counter productive?

Last edited:
Check out http://traintohunt.com one of the best if not the best websites on the internet for keeping people in hunting shape. Kenton Clairmont the owner is a great guy to deal with. He has 3 levels every workout on the site for all ranges of fitness ability. The best part is just about every movement can be directly related to a hunting scenario. Also it take little to no equipment to complete the workouts. PM me with any questions you have about it, as I have been a member for about 1.5 years and am in the best hunting shape of my life.