Cuddeback Camera Fire

Huckelfin

FNG
Figured out why I stopped receiving pictures off this camera! Good thing it wasn't in my basement at the time. Cuddeback didn't have much to say to me about it, but blamed the batteries.

Attachments

• Cudde 1.jpg
    Cudde 1.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Cudde 2.jpg
    Cudde 2.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Cudde 3.jpg
    Cudde 3.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 40
OP
H

Huckelfin

FNG
What batteries were in it?
My first question to my hunting partner was if they were lithium batteries, and maybe a branch fell from a tree and impacted the battery case or something hard enough to damage the battery, and cause the fire. He doesn't ever remember purchasing lithium D batteries, which would obviously be MUCH more expensive than the usual Rayovac or Energizer we use. Regardless, lithium or not, batteries don't spontaneously combust. We will never know if something fell hard enough to damage the batteries to cause a runaway fire or something else.

Not the home camera.

My first question to my hunting partner was if they were lithium batteries, and maybe a branch fell from a tree and impacted the battery case or something hard enough to damage the battery, and cause the fire. He doesn't ever remember purchasing lithium D batteries, which would obviously be MUCH more expensive than the usual Rayovac or Energizer we use. Regardless, lithium or not, batteries don't spontaneously combust. We will never know if something fell hard enough to damage the batteries to cause a runaway fire or something else.

Not the home camera.
Wild... yeah lithium D's are hard to find. I have ran a lot of cameras over the years and haven't had this happen, yet. perhaps just a little short between batteries caused a little melt down

I'm thinking bigfoot happened by, decided to stop and take a "p" and put his cigarette on top of the camera until he finished. The result is a camera spontaneously combusting from the cigarette. Stranger things have happened.

OP
H

Huckelfin

FNG
Wild... yeah lithium D's are hard to find. I have ran a lot of cameras over the years and haven't had this happen, yet. perhaps just a little short between batteries caused a little melt down
Yep, unfortunately we will never know for sure.