Custom arrow quality ?

So let me say first how greatful I am for the company that I got my arrows from.
Im sure if I contacted them they would fix any issue's I have.

My question is am I being too picky?

So first off it took two weeks to get my order...I live in the next state over and I have heard most people have a much faster turn around from time of ordering.

One of my feild points are glued in because of the excess glue used.

Also the wrap is overlaying itself.
I've shot archery for most of life. However never really gotten into the technical side of it.(mostly because I have never had anyone to show me)
But wouldnt the wrap being overlaying itself throw off the weight a little?

Are these things I should contact the company about to alert them of their quality control or just ler it go?20190721_135428.jpg20190721_135401.jpg

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Wrap overlap is not a big deal. Considering 4in wraps weigh @ 5 grains an extra bit of overlap isn’t going to screw with the back end weight or arrow flight. The glue up front is another matter. If it was indeed glue and not epoxy you may be able to heat the front end just enough to unseat your field point.

The wrap overlap would not be an issue for me. If they shoot like they should, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Did you order the field points with the arrows? They came to you fully assembled? If so, then I would definitely call customer service and ask for another arrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The insert glue should have been well dried before anyone screwed field points into them, regardless how much glue they used.......so not sure how the FP would have gotten glued to it.

fatlander

WKR
The wrap is a non issue. The field point definitely is. No way I’d be happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HuntInWild88
I did order them with field points and the Fp's were in the arrows when I recived them. I think Ill be giving customer service a call tomorrow.

nphunter

WKR
I would buy some fletch tite and tip and tail those fletchings and they will last significantly longer.

OP
HuntInWild88
They have a drop of something on the tip and tail. What it is I have no idea!
Thanks for the tip!

OP
HuntInWild88
So called the company. They basically told me that I could try heating the arrow up and that should release the FP. ....

So called the company. They basically told me that I could try heating the arrow up and that should release the FP. ....
You shouldn't have to potentially ruin an arrow because they used too much epoxy and didn't wait long enough to put the field trip on. I would not be happy with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
HuntInWild88
Luckily I got them for free. But cements the fact that I wont be buying any custom arrows from them and will just build them myself next time.

Zac

WKR
You should check out DC Custom arrows, might be a long wait time but his quality is unsurpassed.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Order pre-cut arrows from Lancaster along with glue/epoxy and a fletching jig. Do them yourself next time...no one will be as careful as you would be when you are only building 12 arrows.