Cut my barrel or re-barrel and sell the old one?

ElPollo

WKR
Why is that? Just curious.
Bmart sums it up in few words. I am a former nonlead person who used them for several years and doesn’t any longer. DRT bullets seem to be the best of the nonlead options at the moment, but I’ve gone more to the TMK and ELDM direction. If I had to use non-lead, I go with the DRT and keep my impacts above 2k fps.

OP
AirborneA$$hole
Bmart sums it up in few words. I am a former nonlead person who used them for several years and doesn’t any longer. DRT bullets seem to be the best of the nonlead options at the moment, but I’ve gone more to the TMK and ELDM direction. If I had to use non-lead, I go with the DRT and keep my impacts above 2k fps.
Yeah, the bc on the 7mm 180 ELDM is no joke. I guess I should mention that I'm hunting deer with this load like 450 yards and in. If I was hunting bigger/tougher game I would probably use the Federal Terminal Ascent load. I've heard that it's a good bullet that holds together on close impacts but also gives you reliable expansion at distance. Anybody have experience with them?

wyosam

WKR
Low BCs, small wound channels, small expansion window

Low bc for sure. Other two for more traditional mono bullets like Barnes, Hornady offerings. There are options out there making big wounds (approaching more than I want) with reliable function down to 1700, that are also working great for guys pushing them really hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat unrelated, sorry about that, but have you ever used Unknown Munitions' hand loaded ammo? I currently do not reload so I'm looking at their 7 PRC ammo because they load Hammer bullets. This last year I hunted with Hendershots' 169 gr. Hammer hunter load and it shot well and anchored the deer I shot, but Unknown Munitions has a far greater selection of Hammer bullets and they load a couple Cutting Edge bullets which I want to try.
They are releasing 7mm prc ammo soon.