Danner or Irish setter

i have been using the danner pronghorns and they are a very good, very comfy boot right out of the box.

Danner quality and durability went 180 degrees due south when they went offshore.

many danner boots are still made in Portland Oregon, and of good quality. just the less expensive boots are made over seas.

Danner boots are garbage. They are very comfy out of the box....I literally went through 2 pairs in a matter of days. Stay away

I bought a pair of vapertrek and they are terrible. Im not kidding, I wore the soles clean down to bare rubber after 1 hunt. Ive been wearing RedWing/Irish Settter for years and I have not had a prob in the past as they are all very high quality, but the vaportreks are garbage. Ive only wore those boots noe on 3 hunts and the last one, I was slipping all over. The boots I have are the Vaportrek non insulated. I do have a set of the Grizzly Tracker 1000g and they are great. Just my two cents

I used to love the Danner Pronghorn. I bought a pair of the newly designed Pronghorns, and was really disappointed with the fit. The toe box
is much bigger now, making a sloppy fit for me. It makes the boot look like Ronald McDonalds clown boots. I bought two pairs of the old Pronghorns, and wore them forever, still have one pair. Extremely comfortable, and stayed waterproof. I just couldn't make the new design work for me. Never tried the Irish Setter. If you look on the Danner website, they have the "made in USA" on the boots that are made here. The quality on these are among the best. If the description says "imported", keep looking for your boots. Stay away from them.

I used the vapor trek out west this season. I was amazed how good the traction was. lots of steep slopes and cross hill hiking. they kept my feet dry and the few hikes in the snow they were warm. I'd buy again

I wear Danner Ft. Lewis boots, 12+ hours a day close to 300 days a year. I wear them over tons of different terrain, mountains, desert, you name it. Crazy comfortable and take a ton of abuse. Rub them down a few times with a quality leather conditioner and the break in time is relatively short. All of Danner's premium boots are still made in Oregon and of good quality. I can't say I plan on changing anytime soon. I'm on my fourth pair in the last six years. I can't complain about that kind of mileage.

I wouldn't recommend either of those brands to anyone. I tried the old and new pronghorns and danner sharptail for work. As well as three Styles of Irish setter and couldn't get more than a few months wear out of them. Waterproofing was only good for a few weeks. Switched to cabelas (meindel) boots and haven't looked back. I've had one pair with lots of use over three years on them and they're still water proof and the soles are still in good shape. I wear one style for work and wear the Denali for all my hunting and won't buy anything else for that purpose myself. Great boots.

I wear Danner Ft. Lewis boots, 12+ hours a day close to 300 days a year. I wear them over tons of different terrain, mountains, desert, you name it. Crazy comfortable and take a ton of abuse. Rub them down a few times with a quality leather conditioner and the break in time is relatively short. All of Danner's premium boots are still made in Oregon and of good quality. I can't say I plan on changing anytime soon. I'm on my fourth pair in the last six years. I can't complain about that kind of mileage.

Just goes to show how different tastes in boots are. I wear Fort Lewis every day and I hate them.

Back