Debating pack options

No matter which pack you go with humping moose quarters bone it sucks, shoot one as close to the river or road as possible. I strongly recommend plenty of practice at home getting the adjustments right the place to learn is not in the woods. A couple bags of dog food should help you get a feel for proper adjustments, good boots with plenty of ankle support, trekking poles and take you’re time.

I will tell you, knowing a solid route to your packout location is crucial. If you down one where you will be packing in the dark, establishing a route while you still can see is critical. If you end up in a nasty bog or have to go thru thick alder patches, it can be a nightmare. Breadcrumb trail on your GPS will save you some agony. Fwiw, I set a limit of 1 mile for a packout of my moose. After packing mine out 3-400 yards, I think a mile would be pretty tough. Of course, this really depends on the terrain, but where I shot mine was soggy and I'd imagine most are like that.

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_181707.jpg
    IMG_20220917_181707.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 30

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
forgive the shameless post but a buddy and I just did a backpack comparison and I included the barney's in there along with stone glacier, kifaru and Exo K4. there are a lot of things I liked about the barney's especially for heavy loads but it I felt like the exo and stone carried the load just as well and didn't give me the back pain that I felt with the barneys. I still use it for training just to mix it up and give my primary pack a break because the barney's is in my opinion the toughest pack there is. I loaded up each pack with 140 pounds and took it for a 4 mile hike up a trail. again this is just my 2 cents and like everybody mentions, each pack fits people different.
here's the link if you want to check it out.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
forgive the shameless post but a buddy and I just did a backpack comparison and I included the barney's in there along with stone glacier, kifaru and Exo K4. there are a lot of things I liked about the barney's especially for heavy loads but it I felt like the exo and stone carried the load just as well and didn't give me the back pain that I felt with the barneys. I still use it for training just to mix it up and give my primary pack a break because the barney's is in my opinion the toughest pack there is. I loaded up each pack with 140 pounds and took it for a 4 mile hike up a trail. again this is just my 2 cents and like everybody mentions, each pack fits people different.
here's the link if you want to check it out.
That’s some solid information, thanks for sharing.

roymunson

WKR
Does anybody know if there are different belt sizes with these packs? My belt seems sort of small. I got it used so I never had them set it up for me or anything in their shop.
just admit you're a fattie...

LOL j/k

a belt that doesn't fit isn't a lot of fun