Digiscoping/photography help!?

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I've decided that I need to start taking good pictures of all of my adventures and start digiscoping a bit. I need to figure out of I need to just get a iphone phone scope adapter for my zeiss diascope 85 or a real adapter for my Panasonic Lumix. I forget which model, it was like $500 or something close to that a couple years ago.

Is there like a crash course on camera settings and all that? I have no idea what I'm doing with a camera. Ha!

Cindy

FNG
Kind of depends on what your definition of "good pictures" is.
Cell cameras have small sensors that capture the images and have limited adjustments.
Cell camera are also compact, light, and most people are carrying them anyways.

Obviously the lumix has much more available in the way of manual diversity.
If you take the time to learn how to use it.
But, its heavier, bulkier, and the adapters are usually more complex.

In the end, its all about the use of the picture and your desire to use the stuff.

If you are looking to print stuff large enough to hang on your wall, I would not use the cell phone.
If you just want a small digital file to email to your buddies, the cell is probably easier.

The only downside is people tend to change phones often. So you may want to look into universal phone adapters.
That way you don't have to rebut an adapter every time the cell phone company changes the body of the phone, or you switch brands.

If you go with the lumix, you probably will just buy one adapter and use that set up for a very long time.

OP
C

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Cindy. I will tote my lumix around. It can't hurt, other than the extra little weight haha. Still pondering the adapter tho.