Disabled Hunter Info and or Help

Hi all, I am a disabled and retired and have hunted most of my life. I’ve killed a few Deer and want once in my life to harvest an Elk. I’m looking for a Cow Elk hunt and need some help, I live here in California so thinking Idaho, Nevada or Arizona maybe even Utah.

I was a healthy man most of my life however now have a condition that makes processing and lifting animals very difficult. I’m on a fixed income so hiring a 4K guide is not possible. I can walk, shoot and help gutting/quartering it’s the dragging lifting etc … Im not a Vet and have seen most states give discounts to vet as far as tags and licensing goes.

Does anyone know of a semi-guide that could help with pointing me in a certain direction, zone or tags for a Cow Elk?
Id like to do a DIY kinda thing where I could go hunt, then if an animal is harvested I can call them so they come help with retrieving and so on… I know it’s asking a lot however any advice would be greatly appreciated… I’ve been searching all the states above and will be reaching out to their biologist/Licensing department this week to see if they can point me to the right person or guide.

Thanks in advance.

Jaquomo

WKR
Call the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Walden office. They have an overpopulation of cow elk in that area and can point you to some ranches that have damage problems and want cows shot. Might be a late season hunt and might cost something (last I heard it was in the range of $1000-1500, but that is a good option. The ranches get multiple tags to give out, and if you explain your situation you could probably pay/tip a couple ranch hands to help you. Good luck!