DIY pullout

drrice

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I would practice on some pullouts before I tackle the tarp I plan on doing and here is how the first one came out.

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Looking good. Definitely not going to have an issue finding that pullout in your pack.

OP
D

drrice

Lil-Rokslider
Looking good. Definitely not going to have an issue finding that pullout in your pack.
That's right!! :D Found some cheaper ripstop nylon so i didn't really care what color it was. I am more concerned with how much in weighs. 6 x 9.5 coming in at +/- .4oz (not on the best scale)

Last edited:

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I might have to take over my daughter's sewing machine and start learning! 👍👍

SWVA_Tim

WKR
To those out there that haven't tried.....just do it.... I had never sewed except in jr high a LONG time ago......and have been practicing on pullouts....It's actually not too bad...Go to walmart get the cheap clearance stuff and just try it :)

ChrisS

WKR
I asked my mom a few weeks ago about sewing up a synthetic underquilt for me and she said sure. I dropped the materials off to her last weekend and then last night we were chatting over email about the quilt. I told her that I had been looking for a used sewing machine to learn on through craigslist and couldn't find one for less than $150. She says that she has three of them in the basement, pick which one I want. So next weekend, I should get started on my DIY pullouts and working towards a tarp and maybe a cimarron knock-off down the road.

Also, she told me that back in the day one of my great uncles used an old industrial sewing machine to sew up their canvas tarps and hunting tents back in the 40s and 50s. Sixty years later, I'm doing the same thing for the same purpose, but with new materials!

OP
D

drrice

Lil-Rokslider
To those out there that haven't tried.....just do it.... I had never sewed except in jr high a LONG time ago......and have been practicing on pullouts....It's actually not too bad...Go to walmart get the cheap clearance stuff and just try it :)
Exactly! This is the first time i have sewed since jr high. Prefect thing to do when there is not much to do outside and the family is in bed.