Do you think they read our comments?

Diesel

WKR
I was just wondering if you all think the manufacturers of hunting clothes really read and consider the comments and requests of people online when building their garments? I would think they would, but I am not convinced they do.

It has to be near impossible to put something out that covers all the body types and specific uses. Just bow hunters versus firearms hunters as an example. Or for the many different climates we hunt in.

I can afford a little better gear now days, but I just can't find what works for me. But I keep on looking.

Rob5589

WKR
Small companies, probably. Large companies have people that "man the emails" and handle as needed. Meaning, most are likely to be disregarded.
So many companies have sponsored teams, that is likely where most of the feedback is received and implemented.

There's a few companies that are active once in a wile on here. Kryptek, Skre, schnees, and Hoffman are a few I think of.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
If they did, First Lite would've had zip off bottom base layers years ago.

I feel like everyone would. I’ll never buy any base layer bottoms other than kuiu because those side zips are a game changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never used the feature, have 2 pair of them and if it's cold enough in morning to wear them it usually doesn't get too warm during the day to have to remove. Or just skip them and tough it out with boxer briefs at beginning of day. Other brands obviously don't see the demand for it to justify price hike and manufacturing complications. Otherwise they would have them. Buy kuiu and be done, if they don't fit right get some stuff that does and put your own zippers in, or a velcro strip.

If they did, First Lite would've had zip off bottom base layers years ago.
Yep, Kenton himself was on here and finally agreed to try putting hip vents in their pants and he ignored our comments the first year because “he didn’t think they would do anything” well we are at least 1 maybe 2 years since that thread comment. Still no hip vents but firstlite did come out with a lighter weight pant that was delayed hitting the market until after hunting seasons had started. Ryan has custom hip vents sewn into his pants because he can’t even convince First Lite to put them in. If it’s a patent issue just come out and tell us. Otherwise they are not truly trying to offer the best performance and keeping an open mind to do it.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
On a side note i dig the hip vents on my Attach pants. Found they did help dump heat when going uphill.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
I would if I were in the R&D department of one of these companies. Why wouldn't you? You would have to wade thru some BS but I think you could get some great ideas from your customers.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I would if I were in the R&D department of one of these companies. Why wouldn't you? You would have to wade thru some BS but I think you could get some great ideas from your customers.

100%. Im not sure why they ignore patient demand. Especially hip vents and side zips. These guys are all hunters and outdoorsman, I can’t believe that they don’t understand why we’re all clamoring for them. Especially when they have items that have pit zips which are literally hip vents for jackets.

Another thing that bothers me is, for example, Sitka doesn’t carry a lot of their items in solids. I can’t believe that their isn’t demand for that that would warrant them to pivot and make more solids. It seems like whenever I try and purchase something when they have a sale or clearance or discount, solids go out of stock first. Who wants to purchase something $3-400 in camo when they could buy it in a solid and wear it around town all the time?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking into buying a sewing machine to mod my own gear. Hip vents in my first lite pants and zipoffs in my base layers are first on the list. Seems there's always some little thing I want to do differently than what's available.

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
Amen Grady.

I have an old blaze orange woolrich coat that is 90% how I would like it. If I were able I would copy it and make the couple of changes using the newest fabrics today. Too bad that old coat is blaze and too small for me now.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe most companies do. I have had several conversations with multiple companies about specific threads on forums.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Companies monitor message boards, whether they post is another question.

One thing to remember, that when feedback is taken in to account for changes to current product, you are looking at almost a minimum of 12mo before ever seeing the change, more like 18-24mo due to production lead times, buy cycles, design, etc. The small cottage brands can implement the changes a bit sooner, but even still they have to take lead times in to account for new materials to aquire, design work, etc.

KHNC

WKR
Maybe someone at a clothing company can tell me why they still have the wasted bicep zip pocket on my left sleeve? They more expensive the top, the more it assures me it will have a useless bicep zip pocket. If they are reading this, make it go away.

TheCougar

WKR
I feel like everyone would. I’ll never buy any base layer bottoms other than kuiu because those side zips are a game changer

They won’t listen. I talked with Callahan in person at a convention in Dallas and he refused to believe that anyone but me wanted these. He didn’t understand why anyone would want zipoff base layers over zip off puffy pants. After 15 minutes, I just let it go. It ain’t gonna happen, so we all get to keep rocking the Kuiu capris.

Last edited: