How do you carry bow elk hunting CO? Bow Hitch worth it?

I’m new to bow hunting elk in Colorado, I feel like the bow will be in my hand most of the time. Maybe on my pack if it’s dark. So is the Bow Hitch worth it? They seem convenient. Maybe a sling with the cam covers or paracord style. Feel like those will just get in the way or miss your opportunity. I’ll definitely run a wrist strap but does anyone run the clips that attach to your bow so you can attach to pack or straps easily? I do like to glass off my bow a lot too. Any input appreciatedIMG_0678.jpegIMG_0679.jpeg
Examples of what I’m talking about.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Always in my hand, except when taking a moment to glass/eat gummy bears/pick my nose in which case the marsupial hangers are really nice

thayerp81

FNG
I have the marsupial bino harness with the bow clips in your first pic. IMO they're not designed for walking around with your bow attached. I believe the intent (and how I use them) is to quickly have a place to hang your bow while you grab your binoculars to get a better look at something. Theyre great for that purpose.

11boo

WKR
I had a sling for a year. Ditched it.
Now I have a rubber clip thing that lives on the pack belt, just a place to hang the bow when I need two hands.

In my hand. I always have control of the bow with 1 hand in case I fall. If my bow breaks on a trip, I am really screwed. I cringe when I see guys carrying their bows attached to packs and to slings.

To each their own, I guess.

I have a quivelizer that allows me to hang it around my neck and rest most the weight on my pack. Those marsupial hooks look nice for quick glassing tho.

I agree, carry it in your hand if you can, even something simple to hook the riser or string onto while quickly glassing is all you should need, and some way to strap it to the pack for hiking in the dark or in and out of the woods prior to season open or after season close.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I also bought those Marsupial clips and put them on my bino harness.

Completely agree that they are not the solution when you are moving. Tried that and it's a fail.

But those times where I need two hands and don't want to put the bow down...nice for that.

Bow in my hand. Sometimes over my shoulder on those long walks. I have a little strap with a hook that attaches to my pack belt for when I want to look at something without setting my bow down.

OP
SilentPursuit
I have the marsupial bino harness with the bow clips in your first pic. IMO they're not designed for walking around with your bow attached. I believe the intent (and how I use them) is to quickly have a place to hang your bow while you grab your binoculars to get a better look at something. Theyre great for that purpose.
Yes that’s what I was thinking, unfortunately my badlands bino harness dose not have the loops on the bottom. So I’ll have to attach to my waist belt of my pack with the other model of the clips I posted originally.