Dual Stabilizer setup

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all. I searched through the Archery forums and didn't see much on dual stabilizers. I'm interested in seeing how others set theirs up and wanted to see if I was on the right track here. This is a new setup for me and I like experimenting with things. I've swapped the two back and forth a few times and I'm not sure that I can really tell a difference personally. What I can tell is that using the smaller one as a back bar seems to balance in my hand better as it offsets the quiver weight the best but I shoot better groups with it in the front. Essentially I'm 50/50 on it right now.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 61

wapitibob

WKR
Do what works for you.
Rule of thumb, the back bar is for getting the bow to level up by offsetting the sight/quiver.
Your shot and sight picture will tell you what length and weight works for both bars.

OP
Pathfinder27

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Do what works for you.
Rule of thumb, the back bar is for getting the bow to level up by offsetting the sight/quiver.
Your shot and sight picture will tell you what length and weight works for both bars.
Yeah thanks. That's what seems most logical to me, offsetting the sight and quiver, but I have been prone to paralysis by analysis in the past. Trying to avoid that when possible.

Brendan

WKR
There's actually a ton that goes into it, and the bottom line is you need to test to see what works best for you. Really paying attention to the groups you're shooting.

I think a good starting point is a bow that balances level in your hand, and aligns vertically without the need for correction when at full draw (Watch your bubble level and tweak to get it naturally vertical). A back bar angled down towards the bottom cam helps with this, as does a front bar with a 10 degree down angle.

I use a similar setup, 10in front 8in back, with more weight on the back bar angled down and out a little. Just keep tweaking it until it feels right and levels easily. Once you get it set, shoot for a week with it on, then shoot without it. I can almost guarantee you’ll put it back on. Back bars aren’t for everyone but I don’t see myself going back to just a front bar.

I use a similar setup, 10in front 8in back, with more weight on the back bar angled down and out a little. Just keep tweaking it until it feels right and levels easily. Once you get it set, shoot for a week with it on, then shoot without it. I can almost guarantee you’ll put it back on. Back bars aren’t for everyone but I don’t see myself going back to just a front bar.

I know several guys who are giving up on them for hunting. I tried it for a bit, I felt like I shot better but scores didn't hardly change, the extra weight and I had to remove mine to strap to the pack wasn't worth it. Depends on how you hunt tho. I figured I dropped 10-12 oz once I removed the adjustment bracket and the back bar but I didn't weigh it.

Like you said they aren't for everyone. I just encourage everyone to shoot in a manor that they can keep track of things to know what is or isn't improving their shooting. When carrying a bow in hand removing a few ounces makes a big difference for me.

Jimbob

WKR
I just started playing with a back bar on my vertix. I see you are mounting your backbar off the front stabilizer. Does your bracket allow you to use the hole on the back of the riser?

The video below is helpful.

Bowlife Stalizer set-up

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I liked mine for shooting 3 d hated it for hunting. Extra weight never seemed worth it for my style of hunting. I'm trying quivalizer this year but if that doesn't work I'll go with a cat quiver or similar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a heavy, long sight. I run a 8” (1 oz) front and a 6” (4 oz) rear. It helps me acquire my sight picture faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pathfinder27

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I just started playing with a back bar on my vertix. I see you are mounting your backbar off the front stabilizer. Does your bracket allow you to use the hole on the back of the riser?

The video below is helpful.

Bowlife Stalizer set-up
I moved my bracket to the back hole and I think that's the ticket. I noticed the bubble level settling faster and more naturally. It also just cleaned up the mount a lot IMO. Thanks for the tip.