Easton G nock and bohning F nock alternatives

OP
Rick Leathley
Rick your not kidding about it getting old. the first time I shot my bow into a brand new Glendale buck target I had conveyor belt from a rock quarry hanging too close behind it and my arrows punched through both. It was a bugger getting those arrows back out as the outserts or my fletching had to make it back through the belt. I find myself swapping arrows out constantly because the fletching needs time to recover after going through the targets. I like how my bow shoots but it's a little ridiculous.

The archery club I belong to also has conveyor belts for back stops. I Have to pull arrows from them at every target. What I do is get a rock and push the tip while my buddy pulls. I also never hit the range without one of them rubber arrow grippers they work really good.

Edit: and don't forget the lube.....

Its the serving, I had same problem with deep impacts and custom strings. Swithed strings problem fixed.

Bet hoyt factory strings and servings are thick

Tilzbow

WKR
Its the serving, I had same problem with deep impacts and custom strings. Swithed strings problem fixed.

Bet hoyt factory strings and servings are thick

This could be the problem. I put new cables and string on last week and so far the G nocks are holding up fine. That said it took about three weeks for the failures to begin the first time around so time will tell. With only two weeks to go before a hunt I don't want to change nocks to the Gold Tip pin nocks if I don't have to.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
I just called Victory to see if they had any bright ideas about the nock situation. The guy said that they had recieved a few calls today about the issue and are working with bohning on a better solution. In the mean time he offered to send me some Beiter nocks (not sure on spelling) and said they should not have any problesms. We'll see? He was very helpful and offered to send them free of charge, It was very generous and I'm grateful that they wanted to help with a solution.

On another note, I replaced all my nocks and have shot each of my arrows maybe 20 times and had 2 breaks today. I have been checking them and there were not cracks or excessive spreading prior to breaking. It's very discouraging. I need to practice archery season is just around the corner. Hopefully these beiter nocks will be a good solution. I would prefer not adding 11 grains to the back of my arrows but I will if I need to so I'm not worried about it breaking on a hunt.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
To clarify the nock is pulling off the arrow about 1/8 inch very consistently. Shooting injection 330 with factory Easton blue nock.

Just an Update- I swithed to the F knock and the problem I was having has gone away. Have shot about 50 arrows with out a knock creeping loose.

Last edited:

Tilzbow

WKR
Two weeks after installing a new string, which did not fit the G nocks tightly at all, I inspected the nocks I'd put on the arrows after changing out the string. Out of 10 two week old nocks there were 2 that were beginning to crack right at the throat. I've now moved on to the Deep Six nocks and may go to the Gold Tip HD pin nocks after this season is over. A guy over on Bowsite was having the same issue, called Easton and was told to go to the Deep Six nock which was designed to handle the newer bows.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Ok the F Knocks are failing, I have had two break.

I'm Shooting Easton Injection 330- Would someone mind posting me a link for the proper size Gold Tip HD Pin nocks. I'm having trouble finding data for shaft diameter etc.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The HD pin nocks I believe are only one size. Just buy the nocks and push them onto your pin bushing.

Tilzbow

WKR
Ok the F Knocks are failing, I have had two break.

I'm Shooting Easton Injection 330- Would someone mind posting me a link for the proper size Gold Tip HD Pin nocks. I'm having trouble finding data for shaft diameter etc.

Like RosinBag said the HD nocks are only 1 size but you'll need a pin adapter that'll fit your shaft.

OP
Rick Leathley

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Ah so many options, but the Easton setup is on the way will be nice to have some orange nocks to go with orange fetching.

Nockdown

FNG
I'm gonna have to look into these deep six nocks. Broke all my factory injexion nocks and I'm going through the bohning nocks pretty fast. And it ain't no Hoyt.