EASY DIY SKULL MOUNT HANGER

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys!
I came across a diy skull hanger idea online (maybe even on here, I cant remember), and I decided to try it.

I bought all the stuff needed and I built it, but I quickly realized there was a much quicker AND easier way!

First just put one screw into the top hole. The reason I use one screw is it can be straightened really easy. You can use two screws, but make sure you get them perfectly aligned.119828

Next, just take your hand and bend the bracket up until it kinda resembles a J.

Like so...119830

Slide the now bent bracket into your skulls cranial cavity, and VOILA!

You can push the skull down until the desired angle is achieved. I personally like them to be facing directly into the room so thats where I left them.119831

Pack of 4 Corner Brackets: $5.39

Have a good day!

K

Kootenay Hunter

but but but, there's no cool logo or marketing!

Great job, the local hardware store has many of the 'solutions' that gimmicky companies put out there.

I don't think many can just push up once installed, as their walls might not be logs, but drywall. You cold pre bend it, but then anchoring it into the wall might be tough, so that's why the bolt method works well for those mounting on drywall.

OP
MadDawg

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider

Great job, the local hardware store has many of the 'solutions' that gimmicky companies put out there.

I don't think many can just push up once installed, as their walls might not be logs, but drywall. You cold pre bend it, but then anchoring it into the wall might be tough, so that's why the bolt method works well for those mounting on drywall.

Yea that makes sense. Theres nothing wrong with the bolt, I just saw a lazy boy way;)

DeepForks

FNG
Wow, this would have saved me a couple hundred $$$.
Oh well, I do love my Skull Hookers.

I have used the same brackets, but always up and bent on a vise. I like your method with the J shape! Inexpensive and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MadDawg

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! It was a quick project that turned out pretty neat. I wish I had used something nice than pressure treated for the base... and screwed from the back so that the screw heads wouldn't be visible.
Honestly, I think the screw holes actually kind of add to the "woodsy feeling" you have created.

bejayze

FNG
I have made a couple of these, they work great. I do like the skull hooker for tight corner on the wall so I can swivel the rack around

Elkhntr08

WKR
This is one of those “Duh, why didn’t I think of that” moments. Have 2 euros laying in the loft that are going on the hall as soon as I get home.

good point BUT you'd not want to mount ANYTHING that weighs more than a small picture into just drywall - at the very least, there should be a stud every 24" and most will be at 16" centers and easy enough to locate
Personaly, I'd prefer to prebend them anyway