Editing posts by mods

I think that it may be a good idea that if a mod edits a post to drop the guy a PM about why. I had a post edited 2 days after I posted it and for the life of me can't think of why, I actually can't even remember what the post said. I have no problem with it being edited but I would like to know why that way it doesn't happen again.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for bringing this up TNT7. You are probably referring to something I did.

I don't know the exact post you are talking about, but I deleted/edited a bunch in the thread, and just posted a general explanation to everybody in the thread, rather than a bunch of PMs. Normally, If I delete a post, I send a PM. Luckily here on Rokslide that barely ever happens anyway. Primarily, I edited that thread because the OP's topic veered off the OP's questions and into shouting soapbox opinions.

Just generally, when threads start to go sideways towards a tit-for-tat argument, or include personal attacks on anybody, that is when we step in. I for one hate doing it, but over and over new members remark how nice it is that Rokslide doesn't allow that kind of stuff.

Like Ryan mentioned in the Kuiu thread, just about every sponsor for Rokslide has been called out, which I think we all agree is a good thing. It would do well to remember to make your point with a logical argument, generally supported by something, and without resorting to sarcastic remarks, whining, or personal attacks.

I am also fully aware I have been on the wrong side of this a few times myself.

Beastmode

WKR
I wouldn't mind seeing this either. Some people might not realize exactly what they said that someone got their feelings hurt over.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
We should probably not modify any post moving forward. If it needs to be modified it should probably be deleted. I hate messing with threads, I know most member really want to help. But I hate pointless posts that break forum rules even more.

Beastmode

WKR
We should probably not modify any post moving forward. If it needs to be modified it should probably be deleted. I hate messing with threads, I know most member really want to help. But I hate pointless posts even more.

Deleting it would probably be best. Im sure you guys have enough going on with the forum itself that you really don't want to babysit the posts. It would be nice to know why it got deleted if it gets to that point. We all say thing that might sound fine to us but other people take them the wrong way. I do this a lot just ask my wife :D