Editing software/ tutorials

Birdman88

Lil-Rokslider
Just seeing if any of you have any recommendations beginner level editing software? Is there any YouTube channels that do a good job with tutorials on how to get started edit or is it one of those things you just have to just feet first and learn. I know absolutely nothing about film or photography. Just interested if it’s even something feasible without dropping a ton of money and having no experience. Any help would be appreciated.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched to Davinci Resolve couple years ago. It's a free powerhouse. I used multiple tutorials just searched basic start up and then whatever I wanted to do and usually had a multitude of options. I think its very doable just takes time to dive in and learn. You'll find certain ones you'll like better as you go. I really enjoy the editing process, if you've ever read John Eldredge's "Wild at Heart" creating is a one of four basic needs that is very under served for most of us.

OP
Birdman88

Birdman88

Lil-Rokslider
Good info. I’ll take a look at it. Fully diving in it is necessary I would imagine. Thanks for the reply

I would highly recommend Capcut.

Its pretty user friendly and easy to learn but still has the tools to dive into a detailed edit.

I've been using it for the last 5 months and have been very impressed with it.

BTW, its free:)

mtmiller

WKR
My limited experience is only with LightRoom, but very happy with it and tons of tutorials available.

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Lightroom here. And Peter Mckinnon is a great resource for Youtube tutorials on that software and all things photography

Davinci is the bees knees for free software. All of what you need to learn editing with no cost and tons of tutorial channels on YT.