Garmin Inreach Mini 2 - looking for some expert users

Erict

WKR
I have a brand new Garmin InReach Mini 2. It is set up, software up to date and running with the Freedom Expedition Plan. I've got the Explore and Messenger app on my iphone and am familiar with using the online Explore website. I consider myself significantly more computer literate that the average person. I have 4 Garmin GPS devices on bicycles that don't have the level of glitchiness I'm seeing with this thing. I've searched high and low for some simple answers but I find their user manuals suck (lack of detail). Watched too many youtube videos and even google can't find my answers. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

Some initial questions are:

1. Is there a way to rearrange and/or sort the Contacts on the device?​
2. Is there a way to hide the "Facebook" and "Twitter" contacts that I'll probably never use? You know -the ones that always inconveniently appear at the top of the list.​
3. I did a track to my local sportsman's club/shooting range - it now appears in MapShare with a "church" icon that I did not assign to it - WTF? (EDIT - no idea why the icon was automatically assigned, but I was able to edit/change it in Garmin Explore).​
4. I edited/updated contacts on through Explore website, they appeared proper in my phone Explore app, but after connecting via Bluetooth with my device and performing a "sync" the device contacts were not updated. Did the sync again, still no go. Turned off device and back on and now it's correct.​
5. Say I want to simply send my location - that's it. The instructions state "Select" Navigation widget, scroll to GPS coordinates, Press OK, Select Share With to send location details as text within a message. I can see the GPS coordinates, but that's all - no option to share, etc. If I send one of my 3 predefined "check-in" messages, I automatically have MapShare connected - that's great, but if I want to send one of my "Quick Text Messages" with my location to a single contact that I choose, how do I include the MapShare in that message?​
I'm sure there is more to come, but any help on these is appreciated. In the meantime, I'll keep testing myself.​

Last edited:

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
I’m pretty comfortable with the apps and my Inreach mini 2. I think the first question here is what are you trying to achieve with the settings you’re after? A lot of what I think youre “trying” to do, has easier alternatives…I think.

Are you trying to use JUST the Inreach assuming there is no mobile device?

GotDraw?

WKR
Have you called GARMIN support? I have found them pretty quick to pick up the phone with a live person in the US to speak with and everyone I've spoken with has been super knowledgeable.

JL