ee quilt for co first season above tree line

brushape

WKR
My old cabelas 0* is getting cut from the lineup for this year I'll be packing in hunting high in co for elk looking at the different quilts would 0* be my best bet? I sleep cold but I have no experience with a higher end setup like those. I am also 5-9, 145 would the regular regular quilt be the best size ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to regular.. You don't want to have too much air/space to warm up inside the quilt

I run a 10° and so does my hunting partner. He sleeps cold I do not. No complaints from either of us, in fact we both agree that our quilts are our favorite upgrades in gear. EE quilts are fantastic.

I run a 20 degree into October in Colorado, I just keep my base layers on and sometimes sleep in my down jacket if its really cold. But I consider myself a normal temp sleeper if you run cold a 0 is probably your best bet. It will probably be overkill some nights but thats the nice part of the quilt is the ability to vent and regulate temps better than a sleeping bag.

Wife and I both use EE quilts 0deg. Love them. So versatile. Get a bit warm and bingo it's a blanket. Get cold and easy enough cinch it up. We pair them with NeoAir Xtherm pads. The wife sometimes will place a nalgene with hot water in it when she sleeps. A climbing guide on Mt Baker made that suggestion and she has been using it ever since. Easy way to Up the temp of any sleep system. As for me, the quilt is as others have said.....one of the best gear upgrades I have done.

Got busy with work and finally pulled the trigger on a 0* revelation with the 20d camo shell, now it's time to figure out a pad probably going to get the x therm but the sea to summit looks nice also and I can get a big Agnes for a good deal

Back