Elite Omnia

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shooting the Omnia? Lots of good things being said about them.
Really thinking hard about getting one. Haven't shot the lift yet though!

JStol5

WKR
@sndmn11 did a pretty comprehensive review of the Omnia.

JStol5

WKR
My local shop had omnia’s marked down to $900 with the new elite bows coming out. I’d have a hard time picking an ethos over that for $300 or so more…

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I shot one when it came out. I liked the era better but mainly due to weight savings.

The draw was a little on the rough side for me but that’s all subjective. Seemed like a great bow and the elite finish is of course top notch.

OP
mnhoundman

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
My local shop had omnia’s marked down to $900 with the new elite bows coming out. I’d have a hard time picking an ethos over that for $300 or so more…
Yeah they have some pretty good deals going now!

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
I got one back in Oct. I really like it but had to tinker to get it shooting good. Heard some people had to take their limbs off and re arrange deflection rates. I still want to check that but broadheads and field tips are grouping good so why mess with it. Smooth mods are super nice.

Bergy-Bowsmith

Lil-Rokslider
1000006161.jpg
I'm not one to brand bash , and I shot elite for 7 years straight . Aswell as tune a pile of bows a year . But the omnia was the last elite I'll own for a while .

Ordered the bow on launch day ( I'm left handed) bow came in with nicks and chips in the finish. Called the sales rep ( who is no longer with TOG , he's with hoyt now ) and he said we'll that stuff happens sometimes we don't warranty finish. We'll I'm sorry but if I spend that kind of money on a bow I'd like it to show up in decent condition. Regardless I moved on as I owned the bow now.

Went home to set it up and got it to tune perfect bare shaft flight at 15 yards in about 5 shots. Next day went to go verify the tune and it was way nock right. Come to find out my set technology had slop in it while locked down causing my limb pocket to shift every so slightly .

Called the rep and got this answer " never heard of that before must be user error " *click* uhhh okay sure .

So I take the bow completely apart so I can put it back together and see if I can get the slop out myself ( I've gotten slightly slop out of set this way before ) . Went to loosen the set lockdown screw and it snapped off. Called the rep just to let him know what's going on. " it would cost me more money and time to ship you a new bolt just order one off Amazon or fastenal " * click* I'm sure you can see the trend here.

Anyways I rebuilt the bow from the ground up and bought new bolts on my dime . And got the slop out.

Went to Utah on a mule deer hunt and about 5 min after this photo my back bar mounting nut snapped in two and my back bar fell off the bow . I luckily had a elite specific mount and had the direct mount option still available. But that was my last straw. That was day 2 into the hunt.

Day 5 I get out of my tent and I always check my bow over. And my set technology moved 1/8th of a inch. So I had to reset that to perfect again.

Got home from the trip sold it and never looked back.

Overall the other omnias I tuned for customers of mine they all loved them. I'm positive mine was a isolated experience but I'd be lying if I didn't give my experience.