Elk Outfitter Recommendation (Backpack, archery)

Looking for an outfitter that does 1x1 backpack guided hunts.

I did a ranch hunt a couple of years ago, and I can see the draw for when you are older, but I'm still young enough where I like putting on a pack every day and grinding, sleeping in a tent, eating mountain house, etc. when in the backcountry.

Seems like most guided elk hunts are either horseback with canvas tents and hot meals in the backcountry, or ranch hunts where you are staying in a house. Is there anyone out there that does backpack hunts?

Please feel free to PM me any leads. I have points in every state, but my buddy does not, so we are limited to CO or Utah, since NM draw odds are not great.

WyoKimber

FNG
That will be a tough one to find a guide for since every outfitter I know of has an assigned camp that they have to use. Outfitters on national forest can't legally spike out from their assigned camps, so you would have to find something that's not on national forest which is pretty much the only territory ideally suited to this style of hunting.

Call this guy: Paul Converse. Montana West Outfitters. 406-531-6700 Tell him Joe Ferraro sent you. Tell him exactly what you want and tell him you’d like to hunt the wilderness area there. I used to own that outfit. If he has the time to do it you’ll have a great hunt. He’s a great guy and an elk slaying machine. Good luck!