ELK101 University of Elk Hunting

I signed up last week with you as a reference! Haven't got very far in but some good info so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cledus

Cledus

WKR
I signed up last week with you as a reference! Haven't got very far in but some good info so far.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! The whole course was awesome, I keep reading it over and over again.

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at this course the other day. I am a total elk hunting newb from a flat state. Looking for as much knowledge as I can absorb.

Looks by the reviews it is a good purchase!!

Kilboars

WKR
I keep meaning to just don't trust myself to do it.

I did print out all of the CO Elk University yearly advise and read that.

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
I got a subscription for Elk101 a few months back, and felt it was a mixed bag. The content is very well put together, and would be an incredible resource for a new/inexperienced elk hunter. If you have a decent idea of what you are doing, you probably aren't going to get much out of the course.

There were a few modules I was pretty stoked about reading (the scouting on google maps/earth portion for one), and the calling section. I felt like these just barely scratched the surface. The google earth part pretty much didn't even apply, since I hunt desert canyons and he's hunting/giving instructions about mountain country. I get that the things to look for are somewhat applicable (aka, find water, food and shelter), but it's just really not even close to as in depth as I was expecting.

If your new to the game, go for it. If your an old hat, I'd pass. Oh, and it's 99% archery focused. I wouldn't buy if I was a rifle hunter.

Seems like a waste of money to me. I don't see how you can't already gain access to this information through different avenues that are available for free. If you're brand new to elk hunting, maybe not a bad idea. I'd do some research of my own before shelling the money out.

Etexag

FNG
Seems like a waste of money to me. I don't see how you can't already gain access to this information through different avenues that are available for free. If you're brand new to elk hunting, maybe not a bad idea. I'd do some research of my own before shelling the money out.

Those that have used it.... what do you think? Is is worth the investment? I am not a first time Elk hunter, I do have a few hunts under my belt. I just will do anything within my power to gain a greater advantage. I understand you can probably spend months finding info for free, but having it all in one place and accessible is appealing.

ScottinPA

WKR
IMO, its worth it. I went on two guided elk hunts (one successful) before signing up. I did a DIY hunt after that and I think I gained some good information from it that helped. For those with little to no experience it gives you a lot of info in one place. Especially helpful for those that don't have access to boots on the ground scouting.

I don't know as much about elk hunting as Corey Jacobsen and felt I could learn something. If you feel you know as much or more than Corey Jacobsen, then Elk University is not for you. I found the content (text & videos)very good and comprehensive. As mentioned above, it is weighted heavy on archery hunting which is what I typically hunt, September elk during the different phases of the rut. Check around there may be some better promo codes..... RANDY or EXPIRED10 will get you $10 off.

Last edited:

hpf1422

FNG
Im a newbie elk hunter and I found the course very informative and worth the money. And I paid the full $99. It goes through elk behaviour, how to scout online and on the ground, how to set up on an animal once you locate them. And then they added a module from Randy Newberg about late season rifle. I thought it was really good value

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk