Esse Knives

I can repeadly cut cinder blocks with 3V and zwear I can also field sharpen both. Not that it what I want them for cutting cinder blocks but it is literally almost the only task that can produce any noticable damage. This whole field sharpening thing is the biggest crock. I dont care who says what.

I can either A. Listen to a guy on the internet. Or B. Go off what I've actually experienced.

Why is field sharpening the biggest crock?

no one is saying 1095 is the greatest thing ever, but its not shit either.

You seem to have this weird hard on for proving that 1095 sucks, when guys on this thread are coming out of the wood work with their actual experience using it saying it doesn't.
Obviously it's not the latest wonder steel but clearly it still works.

I just looked on ESEE site, they make almost all their models in 440c now as well.

I don't know what you charge for your knives, but an esee 4 in one of your V steels is going to be 250-300 bucks. In not paying 300 bucks for a knife I'm going to beat the shit out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
So if you wont allow yourself to experience a 300$ knife how are you speaking of experience? Dont get all wrapped around my screen name. I am not trying to sell you anything. I pretty much make knives as a hobby and because started making them because I broke a couple knives and the one I wanted was 3-6 months out. Stick to the facts. 1095 is very inexpensive if cheap hurts too much to say.
In fact my favorite knife was a calton cutlery carter necker pattern in the best 1095 heat treat I have experienced. I dont own it anymore because IMO it still was not close to other steels.
I am sorry I dont like 1095 and am sticking with the facts but realize esee's while a decent knife and having stated I really like the patterns could benifits from a upgraded steel.

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
If esee made a 4 in 3v it would not cost 300$ maybe 175-200$ probably cheaper. They are made by a third party as far as I know in larger quanties.

So if you wont allow yourself to experience a 300$ knife how are you speaking of experience? Dont get all wrapped around my screen name. I am not trying to sell you anything. I pretty much make knives as a hobby and because started making them because I broke a couple knives and the one I wanted was 3-6 months out. Stick to the facts. 1095 is very inexpensive if cheap hurts too much to say.
In fact my favorite knife was a calton cutlery carter necker pattern in the best 1095 heat treat I have experienced. I dont own it anymore because IMO it still was not close to other steels.
I am sorry I dont like 1095 and am sticking with the facts but realize esee's while a decent knife and having stated I really like the patterns could benifits from a upgraded steel.

I didn't say I don't own 300 dollar knives, I just wouldn't treat them like an esee.

I'm speaking from ALOT of use with an esee, they work, pretty simple.

I've actually stated it's a cheap knife 2 times at this point.

Your not even reading what I write at this point. We get it, you don't like 1095.

Trial153

WKR
I own way more custom knives then is senseable, I have a soft spot for likes of Starling, Gaston,Easler, Ruana, May, Dozier, Ingram, winkler, early BUSSE, Herron, Loveless, Hendrix , just to name a few.
a few years back made a mental hard cap on the number I own..I was trying to stay under a 100. I failed big time and am way over.
Any way this thread has shit the bed and we are comparing apples to donuts at this point.

Last edited:

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't say I don't own 300 dollar knives, I just wouldn't treat them like an esee.

I'm speaking from ALOT of use with an esee, they work, pretty simple.

I've actually stated it's a cheap knife 2 times at this point.

Your not even reading what I write at this point. We get it, you don't like 1095.

Ok man whatever makes you happy.

OP
B
Hey guys, I got my izula II in...I am not impressed with the weight of the knife. At 3.2oz I thought it would be lighter than it actually feels. Do you know if I take the grip off, should the knife be just like a regular izula once the grip is off?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got my izula II in...I am not impressed with the weight of the knife. At 3.2oz I thought it would be lighter than it actually feels. Do you know if I take the grip off, should the knife be just like a regular izula once the grip is off?
Correct. Skeleton tang.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No, the izulu and izulu 2 are different models.

ESEE Izula vs. Izula II - YouTube

Last edited:
I have a lot of experience with ESSE knives, I own about 30 of them. The Izula 2 is my favorite. I have the muy carte grips on it. I tried the paracord around the handle thing and it doesn't work for me, the cord gets nasty after taking apart 1 animal. I've done a lot of work for the facility that manufactures the knives as they are continually upgrading the facility. If you know how to put a good edge on 1095, one sharpening will last a long time. Several deer, a couple elk, something along those lines. I know the owner of the manufacturing facility personally, and in my experience he strives every day to provide a high quality product to normal people at an affordable price. I love buying American made products from companies that treat their employees well and actually test the product in real world situations that we as hunters will encounter every time we go afield.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an old 1095 KA-BAR that has been over a lot of bad road. It still lives on, with a little maintenance along the way.

The Gerber spent some time outdoors too.

aKABARGerber.jpg

so they've probably been to multiple warzones, done who-knows-how-many hours of real-world blade work, but..... can they cut through cinder blocks? because apparently that is the REAL measure of a top class knife! LOL

Nothing I hate more than an internet expert trying to convince people with real world experience...