Examples of Elk mount with 8ft ceiling limitations

sasquatch

WKR
7d81b384be2c1541b8333c495fa83c67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tell me about it. I am really only considering a pedestal vs Euro if he is coming inside. A shoulder mount would look too wonky.

I could do a shoulder mount in the garage I have 11ft ceilings out there.
11’ isn’t going to fix your problem, I have 10‘ ceilings and the chest is only 4’6’’ and nose is 5’4 off the ground, the tip of the horn is only an inch from the ceiling (and its mounted in a sneak position) you can’t walk or use the area where it is hanging. You have walk around or duck every part of the mount, raising it a foot would help a little I guess but it would still eat up a ton of real-estate in your garage. The other thing to consider is I can just barely get this thing in the house, you have to turn it like a puzzle to get the thing in door and through the hallways.

WCB

WKR
If you get it mounted make the horns removable. I have seen some pedestals with a very hard turn to them that may help limit space (maybe not).

IMO once in a lifetime not only tag wise but also the size of your bull....get it mounted. But, you may also consider it is coming from a guy that got 4 deer mounted this past year.

That turned out super nice. Thanks for sharing, definitely leaning towards a floor pedestal.

My taxidermist is gonna be a happy guy this year
Thanks.
I mostly did a pedestal because I'm sure we will move again some day.

Trying to hand some of the stuff I had done at the last house was semi difficult.

The pedestal is on castors so I can roll it around.

I had mine done a long time ago and have had to find a way to make it work in my houses. Ive found there is typically a corner that you put a recliner in and that has been my solution.

Attachments

• 27E3EEC0-15D5-4EC3-B3DB-0D08AF12023C.jpeg
    27E3EEC0-15D5-4EC3-B3DB-0D08AF12023C.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 104

Jimss

WKR
I love my pedestal bull. Make sure you have at least 1 removable side for moving around.,,,especially where doors and stairs are involved. Also some east attachment to the table. Corners work pretty good for elk sized game.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I love my pedestal bull. Make sure you have at least 1 removable side for moving around.,,,especially where doors and stairs are involved. Also some east attachment to the table. Corners work pretty good for elk sized game.

Yep it’ll be going in my basement corner

elkguide

WKR
While I've hunted all of my life and have many sets of horns around the house (including a 320" bull) but I never had anything mounted. Then in 2014 I went to New Zealand and shot a nice Red Stag and came home and shot a 78" black bear. Had the Red done in a pedestal mount and had the bear done in a full mount. Since the kids are grown and gone, the bear replaced the piano. The Red is in a corner and even though it is on a low (24") pedestal, its' horns clear the ceiling by just an inch.
My wife very accurately says that having a mount is like having a new piece of furniture only you can't sit on it!
Yes they are bulky and consume a lot of your room but every time I walk by one of those mounts, I can't help but smile. So without a doubt, get a mount done (I'd recommend a pedestal) of that once in a lifetime elk and I'll bet that you find yourself smiling every time you walk by it. ENJOY!!!!!

Great advice from some here. I have a shoulder mounted 347” bull. In our old ranch house he could only go in one door and that was tough squeezing through. Bull was in the corner mounted to wall. You had to be carful as those horns hurt when you bumped into them. On a plus side it was fun to decorate the horns with Christmas lights and stockings during holidays. Kids also hung all sorts of fun stuff on him.