Exo Mountain K4?

Phil87

FNG
I had the same question. This is what Mark said.

That volume does include the full-length side pockets.

It does not include the lid (which is about 650ci), nor does it account for the use of any stretch pockets (front panel, or lower side stretch pockets).

Got my tracking order today... I should have ordered a couple hip belt pouches work the pack and Nalgene

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Definitely jealous! Was hoping to have mine for opening of bear here this weekend. Steve said on the podcast on Monday that all preorders would be shipped by this Friday except the shorter frame sizes. Maybe mine will be here by mid week.

We’re all there previous bags the same way? For some reason I thought one of there earlier models or even the K3 model bags did not account for the side pockets?

I don’t feel like my old 3200 included the side pockets.
I have no idea.

K_pem

WKR
Just released a handful more videos — K4 Frame deep-dive, overview of each pack model, compressing for day use, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@ExoMtnGear/videos

If you are signed-up to receive K4 Updates via email, you will be seeing an update there as well.
Hey Mark, just an FYI I am signed up for the emails and didn’t get one for these videos. Been checking daily for my shipping confirmation so I’m sure lol.

Phil87

FNG
For us guys that could wear a 25" or a 26.5" frame is there any reason not to get the 26.5" to try out and if it's too large just cut the stays down?

K_pem

WKR
For us guys that could wear a 25" or a 26.5" frame is there any reason not to get the 26.5" to try out and if it's too large just cut the stays down?
Thats what I did. I doubt ill have to cut them down but i went with the 25" and figure if i hate it, i can always order an extra set of 23.5s or cut some 25s down to 24 or whatever.

Netherman

WKR
Are there frame/fabric limits on how far you can cut down the stays?
i.e. can I have a set of 26.5 and a set at 23.5 or 24 and still use the same fabric/frame system?

Phil87

FNG
Not really, if you’re really on the fence just go taller and you can easily cut them down as needed.
Is the curve profile the same between the 2 sizes? When cutting the stay down is it as simple as cutting an equal amount off each end or would you recommend taking more off one end than another?

I'm very keen to get the 7200. What I want to know is whether there will be any delay on international orders (Australia). I have an 8 day Sambar hunt happening towards the end of april and I'm going to need a new bag asap. Shame there is nowhere that we can try them on in our neck of the woods.I intend to place the order on the 28th. Will all the sizes be available ???

Thats what I did. I doubt ill have to cut them down but i went with the 25" and figure if i hate it, i can always order an extra set of 23.5s or cut some 25s down to 24 or whatever.
As I understand it, there are 2 frames… one uses 22” and 23.5” stays, and the other uses 25” and 26.5” stays, so cutting down your 25” stays may not work (I’m sure someone smarter than me will chime in to clarify, but that’s how I understand it)

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to know also what's the smallest stay length you can use in the taller option. Could you go down to a 24" stay If needed or is that to close to the smaller frame upper option.

Wow! The Exo guys are cooking through the orders. Just received tracking info for my K4 3600.

Me (patiently) waiting on the FedEx guy...

iu