Exo Mountain Gear K4 Pack Review ***Updated 3/28/23***

SROB34

FNG
Ahhh I see that now. Price difference pretty negligible for an extra 1400 ci.

Thanks for the response!

I’ve searched all over here, Exo’s site, and YouTube but haven’t found a clear pic yet… can you (or anyone with a K4) show how the frame connects to the bag at the top? One video made it look like a tiny 1” strip of Velcro just sticks to a piece of Velcro on the frame.

Is there a slight pocket to keep the bag squarely on the frame ‘posts’ at that point?

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve searched all over here, Exo’s site, and YouTube but haven’t found a clear pic yet… can you (or anyone with a K4) show how the frame connects to the bag at the top? One video made it look like a tiny 1” strip of Velcro just sticks to a piece of Velcro on the frame.

Is there a slight pocket to keep the bag squarely on the frame ‘posts’ at that point?

Yes the bags have a super reinforced pocket that the stays slide into. The Velcro keeps the bag pockets firmly down on the stays, but the main tension comes from tightening the straps at the bottom of the bag after placing the stays into the pockets.

Yes the bags have a super reinforced pocket that the stays slide into. The Velcro keeps the bag pockets firmly down on the stays, but the main tension comes from tightening the straps at the bottom of the bag after placing the stays into the pockets.
Awesome, that’s what I was hoping to hear. Thank you!

richmsd

FNG
Classified Approved
Thanks for all the info on the K4 pack. I've been trying to decide witch pack to get for up coming hunting trips and I think it will be the K4 5000.

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
All I know is the kifaru slips off my hips like nobody’s business and the exo k4 locks right in and doesn’t move.
Wonder how the kifaru would feel if you put the K4 stays in the duplex frame sheet?

Thanks for sharing! That is pretty sweet. I don’t have a 3D printer but know some people that do. I’ll search around and see if anyone uploaded their plans online
If you order the K4 pack kit, what all comes with it? I'm set on the pack unsure if I'm going with the 3600 or 5000.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you order the K4 pack kit, what all comes with it? I'm set on the pack unsure if I'm going with the 3600 or 5000.
Hey @boneheadjaz. The "system" is a complete frame, bag, and lid. (Except the 2200 doesn't include a lid by default.) Other items shown under Accessories are optional add-ons.

Give us a shout if we can help with anything else... 208-995-4688 or [email protected]

Hey @boneheadjaz. The "system" is a complete frame, bag, and lid. (Except the 2200 doesn't include a lid by default.) Other items shown under Accessories are optional add-ons.

Give us a shout if we can help with anything else... 208-995-4688 or [email protected]
Thanks! I'm already dead set on the pack. I will probably also order some pouches etc. Trying to convince the wife to fly to Boise with me for a long weekend on our points, but she wants to fly to Florida to see an Ian Munsick concert. Guess who is going to win that one? Lol

Rokie

FNG
So, I decided to to go with my worst case scenario, it’s going to be really cold and I want my Woobie with me. That’s in addition to heated tent, Kifaru LPP jacket, Arc’teryx Atom, down gloves. Woobie is great for glassing, sitting, or wrapping around sleeping bag at night. Had to carry sleeping bag externally. I’ll play with those straps and perhaps add buckles. 36 pounds includes ammo but no rifle, water or clothes I’m wearing. The only missing item is my orange hat and light weight gloves which would go in lower pocket that is currently empty. I’ll take it for a 3.5mi hike this afternoon.
A 5000 would be easy but go against my preference to use the smallest viable pack. The initial hike in is the only time I need the full volume. If I really need more volume I also have an OR dry bag (~2oz) that I’ve used on the load shelf of other packs. Just put the heaviest items like tent, stove and some food in it and keep it close to frame. Easy!
View attachment 542469View attachment 542470
Love what you’ve done here…it’s giving me some great ideas.

Alright everyone, so I know its been asked a million times, but what are your opinions now Kifaru vs. the K4 im selling my stone glacier today and choosing one of the two of these. I have owned a Kifaru duplex lite with 44 mag before, but had the wrong size frame so it did not fit well and sold it. I havent had the chance to try the correct fitting frame so I'm very torn on what pack to go with as they are both very pricey and the Kifaru is fairly more pricey than the K4. Im selling my stone glacier because my belt seemed to rub the hell out of my hips, i'm hoping to get away from that as packing an elk out with torn up and bruised hips really sucks.

fishslap

WKR
Alright everyone, so I know its been asked a million times, but what are your opinions now Kifaru vs. the K4 im selling my stone glacier today and choosing one of the two of these. I have owned a Kifaru duplex lite with 44 mag before, but had the wrong size frame so it did not fit well and sold it. I havent had the chance to try the correct fitting frame so I'm very torn on what pack to go with as they are both very pricey and the Kifaru is fairly more pricey than the K4. Im selling my stone glacier because my belt seemed to rub the hell out of my hips, i'm hoping to get away from that as packing an elk out with torn up and bruised hips really sucks.

I have two kifaru packs and the K4 carries weight a bit better. I still use my kifaru gun bearer on the k4.

twall13

WKR
I own a Kifaru and the Exo K4. My Kifaru is an older version and has been great for me for years of use. That said, I prefer the Exo K4 in every way. Both are quality packs and will work well for you, but if I were choosing one today it would be the K4 without hesitation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk