Exo Mountain K4?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I feel the location of the water bottle holder is great, but I do hit my elbow on it sometimes with the 32 oz bottles. I don't think I would like it with a 48 oz at all, but I'll try it to see if it makes a difference.
Thinking about this some more I suppose I have gotten used to walking with a gun bearrer and tend to keep my arms out farther than some might.

rclouse79

WKR
Thinking about this some more I suppose I have gotten used to walking with a gun bearrer and tend to keep my arms out farther than some might.
Do you use the gun-bearer with the k4? I have my old kifaru pack and accessories up on ebay, but am hanging on to the gun bearer in hopes I can make it work. I have some ideas for getting my upper to work without buying the universal version.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's not always in the way, but you will hit your elbow if you keep it close to your side while hiking.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Do you use the gun-bearer with the k4? I have my old kifaru pack and accessories up on ebay, but am hanging on to the gun bearer in hopes I can make it work. I have some ideas for getting my upper to work without buying the universal version.
I've only ever used the universal one. Can't speak at all to the kifaru specific one

sivart

WKR
have you guys used the gun bearer for a bow? Trying to figure out a way to carry the bow on pack, but having the ability to detach w/o taking the pack off

svivian

WKR
This is good discussion hoping to get a pack ordered soon. I'm wanting to be able to use a gun bearer on one side with a 48oz Nalgene on the other. Just looking at it while at the expo it seems that the standard gun bearer would work just fine since its molle webbing on the new Exo belts.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
This is good discussion hoping to get a pack ordered soon. I'm wanting to be able to use a gun bearer on one side with a 48oz Nalgene on the other. Just looking at it while at the expo it seems that the standard gun bearer would work just fine since its molle webbing on the new Exo belts.
I don't think the standard one would be the best option. The standard lower requires 2 mollee slots and that would put your stock too far forward. Your much better off with the weight as close to the frame as possible. If you could attach into the single line of mollee that the nalgene holder uses that would be best case scenario.

svivian

WKR
I don't think the standard one would be the best option. The standard lower requires 2 mollee slots and that would put your stock too far forward. Your much better off with the weight as close to the frame as possible. If you could attach into the single line of mollee that the nalgene holder uses that would be best case scenario.
This makes sense

Production is really clipping along now. We are definitely on track to launch on the website late March. We’ll begin shipping pre orders, as we get all the complete parts from our sew shop to build an entire pack, in about 2 weeks.

The goal is to have all those shipped and then when we launch on the website we’ll be shipping the new orders as fast as we can right away.

23A687A4-A874-43A4-A56E-1A0DA5E50EA6.jpeg6F423666-BA63-4FB0-A941-42F65938ECBF.jpeg0F035641-2664-4B5A-91E8-C0F94C4AE53B.jpeg

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Steve or Mark- how many attachment points are on the 5000 bag for the stash pockets? Are the locations the same as k3 4800?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Steve or Mark- how many attachment points are on the 5000 bag for the stash pockets? Are the locations the same as k3 4800?
There is five. one on either side pocket at the top, both sides of the horseshoe ooening at the top and then in the hydration pocket there is another one on the right hand side as you look at it from the bag side.

Last edited: