Exo Mountain K4?

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
There is five. one on either side pocket at the top, both sides of the horseshoe ooening at the top and then in the hydration pocket there is another one on the right hand side as you look at it from the bag side.
Thanks Dioni.

have you guys used the gun bearer for a bow? Trying to figure out a way to carry the bow on pack, but having the ability to detach w/o taking the pack off
I have used a gun bearer a lot with my bow and is the only way I like carrying it when it’s not in my hand. It takes a little messing around to find out how your particular bow rides in it, but it works great with a Mach 1 and nexus 4 at least. Bottom cam in the bucket, top strap through the riser (riser facing me)

On the coast, unless walking logging roads or riding a bike, a bow on my pack is not an option, getting hung up in the brush… the gun bearer I can use in the brush because how the bow sits. I would say it’s faster to get ready to shoot carrying your bow in a gun bearer vs packing it by the string in hand, which I understand is a bold claim, but it’s true… just like it’s faster packing a rifle in a gun bearer vs a traditional sling

zeroed

FNG
Really excited about these K4 packs (mostly from reading all of the great info Steve and others have posted here) and I’m planning to buy one.

Also read about Exo’s 1800-2000 c.i. bag being released this summer. I’ve been trying to figure out the best choice for something small that could be used as a daypack (when not hunting) or a final approach pack, and would also attach to the K4 pack. Either piggy-bag or as a lid (if it doesn’t flop around too much). Something like the Kifaru Bane. The Exo 1800+ c.i. bag sounds too large for this, but maybe not if it can be strapped down tightly.

Thanks for any replies.

mcseal2

WKR
I did a search and didn't see anything so I hope I'm not asking a question that's been asked repeatedly, but will the K4 have the dry bag built to fit the main pocket like the earlier models?

I really like having the dry bag in my K2 for Alaska.

Thanks.

I did a search and didn't see anything so I hope I'm not asking a question that's been asked repeatedly, but will the K4 have the dry bag built to fit the main pocket like the earlier models?

I really like having the dry bag in my K2 for Alaska.

Thanks.
9EEE535D-679A-44A2-B0C7-3223825395CA.png

sivart

WKR
I have used a gun bearer a lot with my bow and is the only way I like carrying it when it’s not in my hand. It takes a little messing around to find out how your particular bow rides in it, but it works great with a Mach 1 and nexus 4 at least. Bottom cam in the bucket, top strap through the riser (riser facing me)

On the coast, unless walking logging roads or riding a bike, a bow on my pack is not an option, getting hung up in the brush… the gun bearer I can use in the brush because how the bow sits. I would say it’s faster to get ready to shoot carrying your bow in a gun bearer vs packing it by the string in hand, which I understand is a bold claim, but it’s true… just like it’s faster packing a rifle in a gun bearer vs a traditional sling
Would you happen to have a pic of how you do this? Very interested.

rclouse79

WKR
I don't think the standard one would be the best option. The standard lower requires 2 mollee slots and that would put your stock too far forward. Your much better off with the weight as close to the frame as possible. If you could attach into the single line of mollee that the nalgene holder uses that would be best case scenario.
I was thinking about modifying my lower to have a single strap to go through the Nalgene mollee. I was also thinking about using the exo rifle carrier as the lower and a kifaru upper. Without having my hands on it, is seems like that would work. Just adjust the two straps on the lower so the rifle is in line with your shoulder strap.

Would you happen to have a pic of how you do this? Very interested.
I’ll get you a couple pics of how i have mine Thursday night or Friday when I get home and just pm them to you if someone doesn’t post one before then. I just looked through my pics and do have an attempt, but it’s a selfie and useless 😉

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll get you a couple pics of how i have mine Thursday night or Friday when I get home and just pm them to you if someone doesn’t post one before then. I just looked through my pics and do have an attempt, but it’s a selfie and useless 😉
Would you post or PM me as well, I was following as I couldnt find a good way to carry my bow last year and was looking for alternatives.

FNG
Thanks for all the info on the new K4 Steve. I also have learned a lot from the MM episodes that you and Mark put on to help answer questions about it.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been trying to keep up with this thread from the beginning. I don’t think I’ve seen any pictures of the fusion pack yet. Maybe I missed them. What is the 5000 in fusion going to look like? Similar to the k3 4800 in that pattern?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve been trying to keep up with this thread from the beginning. I don’t think I’ve seen any pictures of the fusion pack yet. Maybe I missed them. What is the 5000 in fusion going to look like? Similar to the k3 4800 in that pattern?
We didn't build any prototypes in Fusion, which is why we haven't had much content to share featuring it. We are building all K4 packs in Fusion though. We are using Fusion Cordura with Coyote stretch panels; it is a sharp combo. More images to come soon.

rclouse79

WKR
I thought I would get ranger green, but I liked the look of the fusion pack more in person than I did online.

rclouse79

WKR
I have a question for the exo guys. Would you recommend mollee sticks, speed clips, or something else to attach accessories to the belt or shoulder strap?