exo mountain pack

I got an email from Steve yesterday in response to that very question. It looks like new pack will be shipping around mid March. I've got a 3500 in foliage ordered and I can't wait to test it out!

I called Steve yesterday and was told the last week in February mine would ship.. I can't wait to get it ..... Been waiting longer than I care to admit.

My understanding is that the 3500 will now have a detachable lid and both packs will be a few ounces lighter (not sure where they are cutting weight). Also a few guys reported a squeeky noise where the frame and bag integrate after hauling several loads. They are making some tweaks to prevent the squeeking in the 2015 packs. That's all the details I've heard but I expect them to release a video about the changes any time now

I hope it has something to do with a floating lid, and non locking buckles =-)

Pretty sure it does I just got a 5500 and the lid is different from how I've heard the other one described.You can turn it around and keep it on the frame without the main bag
Tim

I've got an older (can't believe I'm saying 'older' when EXO has only been out for a year !!), 5500 pack which squeaks. It doesn't really bother me too much, but would we be able to send them in and have them un-squeaked ? :)

I've got an older (can't believe I'm saying 'older' when EXO has only been out for a year !!), 5500 pack which squeaks. It doesn't really bother me too much, but would we be able to send them in and have them un-squeaked ? :)

try putting bow string wax on the ti rails the shoulder harness slides on. took mine away. it lasted probly 50 miles of usage then needed a application again, it started to come back but not like it had befor.

try putting bow string wax on the ti rails the shoulder harness slides on. took mine away. it lasted probly 50 miles of usage then needed a application again, it started to come back but not like it had befor.

Cheers GG, I'll give it a shot !

We'll have final production samples next week and we'll be getting pics and videos done as fast as we can. The following week is the Salt Lake Hunt Expo so we'll do our best to get those up before we leave for the show.

Some of the major changes:

• Changed to a tubular titanium frame instead of solid. The frame itself dropped 5oz! We tested them all of last year and they are bombproof.
  • Same floating lid on the 3500 that was on the 5500 last year
  • Still have the option though to move the front lid compression straps up and have it function like the reverse lid
  • The shoulder harness is a more dense foam (same as belt but 1/2") and is completely redesigned to eliminate any squeak
  • Eliminated all of the locking (wave lock) 3/4" ladder locks except where the bag attaches to the frame
  • The frame panel has 3 more added aluminum cross stays to add rigidity to it
  • Got rid of all the 70d material in the pack. We didn't have any durability issues but in extreme cold it got pretty noisy. We now use a much tougher and quieter 420d Diamond Ripstop.
  • The bag itself is pretty much unchanged. We did add the option to add interior pockets with a pretty unique velcro attachment system. You can get up to (4) of our 8" mesh pockets in there now.

There are probably 50 other minor changes that we have implemented. With a full year of pack production under our belt and another year of testing/ prototyping we are continuing to improve on the pack.

We don't have final weight specs but it should be a few ounces lighter, most of that coming from the weight savings of the frame. With the added cross stays in the frame panel and floating lid we gained a few ounces there.

The pre-order list has been growing rapidly, we will start shipping packs in 3 weeks but at this point it will be later in March until we are caught up. After that we are really hoping to have plenty of packs in stock and shipping daily.

Steve

Last edited:
Sounds great but to be completely honest these changes are the reason I didn't buy one last year. Good on you for not being afraid to make changes to your frame and shoulder harness!

Back