Experience With Savage 110 Storm?

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hunting/target shooting with this gun, particularly either in .223 or .308? Interested in experiences, good or bad. Thanks.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Past and present. Past: 7mm RM. .5 inches at 200 yards with hand loaded 160 Game Kings. I got rid of it because it was just to abusive to shoot any longer and with my concussion history, after 3 shots I developed a nasty headache. That rifle shot all the way down to 120s in the .4 inch range consistently. It did prefer the 160 class best and was so-so with 140s for some reason. Even down loading with it, the accuracy remained. Getting the seating depth correct per bullet was the secret for that one.

Present: 7mm-08 which I got in January 2023. Absolutely love this rife. I can do sub .5 at 100 yards with multiple loads from 120 Barnes TTSX to Winchester 140 Power Points, Norma 150 soft points, 140 ABs, 150 ABLRs and damn near hole-on-hole with Copper Creek loads of 150 TTSX. Ridiculous rifle with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 scope. It's roughly 8.8 pounds loaded, heavier than I would like but I opted for the Accu-stock over the Light Weight version.

I would say in .308 you would have similar expectations. I know a lot of people hate a Savage rifle but I have had two now and they both will shoot far more bullet/ammo options far better than I can day to day.

OP
T

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
If you really want to see something amusing, go to Sniper`s Hide and say something positive about a Savage rifle. I think those guys must have lost girlfriends to guys that shoot Savage rifles! The hate is positively visceral with some of them.