Favorite "Celebratory whisky"

For all the scotch drinkers out there, have you tried this one yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
5344fd31a60e9f00c1a414262ae92fc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

husky390

WKR
For all the scotch drinkers out there, have you tried this one yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
5344fd31a60e9f00c1a414262ae92fc5.jpg

Haven't tried that one in particular but their Single Malt 16 year didn't last very long at a neighborhood party. As I'm typing, I'm sipping on their 12 year on ice. It's actually pretty good.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Laphroaig is a good one. Any Scotch that has a description of wet rope and asphalt has to be good! Crack open a bottle of that and the wife knows about it on the other side of the house.....

Tope

FNG
Buffalo Trace,Jameson Reserve12yr,Bushmill's Black Bush. BT is my house bourbon.

husky390

WKR
Definitely not as peaty as the Laphroaig but tasty none the less.
3545ad79ebebfb10f720e3de834182ad.jpg

Interesting. I saw some 15 year for $100 at Costco. Might have to give some of this a try. So far my all time favorite is Glenmorangie La Santa. There's also a new cheap blend out here called John Barr. Good for general sipping and will probably join me and my flask this elk season.

Favorite "Celebratory whisky"

Interesting. I saw some 15 year for $100 at Costco. Might have to give some of this a try. So far my all time favorite is Glenmorangie La Santa. There's also a new cheap blend out here called John Barr. Good for general sipping and will probably join me and my flask this elk season.

I got this at Costco as well. Can't remember exactly what it cost, but somewhere in the $80 range. I think it's good, but I tend to prefer something a little more peaty, like the Laphroaig. Our Costco still has that 3 pack of Glenmorangie that I'm going to have to try sometime.

We had some Tin Cup in Elk and Deer camp this year. Im not a huge Wiskey fan but that stuff was good.

It's like a cheap and slightly more flavorful Stranahan's (The head guy helped start Stranahan's), but not quite as smooth and not even close to as hot. I've been told Diamond Peak Stranahan's is the best of both worlds (at $70 you certainly pay for it) but I haven't had it yet.

Honestly, none of them are worth the price IMO. There are better $30 bottles ($50 in the case of Stranahan's). For someone that liked Tin Cup you should look for Weller Special Reserve if looking for something cheaper ($20-25 for 750ml or $32-40 for 1.5L) or Angels Envy for a little higher end ($45-50 for 750ml). Both are widely available and pretty mild for being so young. For scotch I would suggest Balvenie Double Wood ($40-50 750ml) or Balvenie Caribbean Cask ($70-80 750ml).

Last edited:

husky390

WKR
I got this at Costco as well. Can't remember exactly what it cost, but somewhere in the $80 range. I think it's good, but I tend to prefer something a little more peaty, like the Laphroaig. Our Costco still has that 3 pack of Glenmorangie that I'm going to have to try sometime.

If they still have the three pack for $100, BUY IT NOW. I haven't seen it since Christmas and the bottle of La Santa sells for $75-80 alone. The Cuban is Quinta Cuban that comes in that pack is all right but tastes stronger.