FFL Using USPS? What the world.

whaack

WKR
So I’ve purchased many guns online from Gunbroker, Guns America etc. never have the dealers used USPS to ship a gun. Always UPS.

Purchased a gun 2.5 weeks ago and the FFL used USPS. Gun still hasn’t arrived and they used Priority.

I have a number of packages that are severely delayed with USPS, but not a firearm. Why on earth would a FFL use USPS to ship a gun knowing all the issues they are having??

Anyone have a dealer use the post office to ship a gun before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...one did it to me a few weeks ago with a purchase...figured it was just the location it came from..no UPS/FedEx terminals close...It did finally arrive..5 days after the expected due date..

Post office is running way late in general. They say Covid. Not sure they have been able to add seasonal staff like they typically do this year.

crich

WKR
Mine have always been shiped UPS. Probably a coincidence. Makes no difference to the FFL if it gets lost.

USPS blames the backlog on COVID? Funny how all those mail in ballots made it just in the nick of time... weird 😆

Every handgun has been USPS. Never had an issue, and actually preferred them over UPS/Fedex up until recently. Priority mail isn't really priority at this point.

OP
whaack

whaack

WKR
Well weird. Never had a FFL use USPS to ship a gun I’ve bought. Still sounds like a poor choice given that USPS has terrible tracking and no actual SLA for shipping. Gun shipped 2.5 weeks ago snd is still in the state the FFL is located in.

rodney482

WKR
Well weird. Never had a FFL use USPS to ship a gun I’ve bought. Still sounds like a poor choice given that USPS has terrible tracking and no actual SLA for shipping. Gun shipped 2.5 weeks ago snd is still in the state the FFL is located in.

Ive shipped long guns via usps w no issues.

brsnow

WKR

I have items shipped USPS from mid November priority. They are starting to arrive in the last few days

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve shipped a pistol to the manufacturer for rust removal with USPS and they shipped it back to me USPS. Zero issues.

Is he a high volume dealer?
Maybe he isn't on the internet all day like us and doesn't know usps is behind???

Also maybe he doesn't live close to a hub far as I know there are only 2 hubs in my intire state for ups.
And no ups store will knowingly ship and gun part here. They all act like your about to commit a school shooting when you even ask about a scope.
I had to go to an independent store in a town the opposite way.
But those little shops never seem to make it for whatever reason and go out of business.

def90

WKR
Good luck if it goes through the Denver USPS distribution center. I’ve had an order I placed early in the month just sitting “in transit” in Denver for well over a week now.