Finally got my 1st Columbian Backtail

IDShane

WKR
I went to California last year in an attempt to get my first Blacktail a friend of mine and I went with an outfitter and he got one but I did not. This year I decided to give Oregon a try so I went with Spoon Creek Outfitters out of Coquille, OR and had a great time. I cannot believe how hard these animals are to hunt.

Attachments

• Blacktail Pic #1.jpg
    Blacktail Pic #1.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 383

Rogue Bay

WKR
Congrats on your first blacktail! That’s a great buck. They certainly are a difficult animal to hunt. Once they get in your blood they’re hard to shake!

Malcolm31

FNG
Awesome buck! My dad and I hunted Columbia Blacktails in Oregon last fall and it was an incredible time. They are tough critters to hunt. We went with a guide and he got us both on great bucks. Absolutely incredible critters and country.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Nice buck!

I grew up hunting blacktails. I would say that mule deer and whitetail are much more difficult to hunt. I guess it all depends on what you're accustomed to.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Nice buck! Blacktail are some the hardest trophies to come by, IMHO. I typically hunt them in the archery season, but was able to take my nephew out over the weekend and he connected with a 4x4. Was a great hunt, rain and all!

buzzy

WKR
Awesome buck and congrats on a great hunt. Who was your guide? I have hunted with Kenny several times and love going up there to hunt with him and Ross. He runs a great operation.

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR
I was with Grayson that kid worked his butt off and has alot better eyes than this old man...

Revoa4

FNG
I went to California last year in an attempt to get my first Blacktail a friend of mine and I went with an outfitter and he got one but I did not. This year I decided to give Oregon a try so I went with Spoon Creek Outfitters out of Coquille, OR and had a great time. I cannot believe how hard these animals are to hunt.
Congrats!

bheck

FNG
That’s a killer first buck. Are you going to try hunting them again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk