Got drunk and bought a rifle I don’t need

Gila

WKR
I have had good luck with raffles but I spend on tickets though. Probably paid for the few guns I won several times over. Hey it’s a great cause, ya know.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
You could always build that tikka into an ultralight 6.5 build. Throw a proof or carbon six prefit with a manners or McMillan stock and you’d be good to go.

gtriple

WKR
Sell the Browning. Remove the Tikka barrel and sell it (if you need tools, check out my sig). Build an 18" 6.5prc or 7prc with the Tikka.

Loper

WKR
I got out of it but I constantly guilt her to this day for not letting me go
It’s probably better that way. Otherwise she’d probably forever guilt you for the reminder of your life and resent any trophy from the hunt that you’d want to hang on the wall.

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
That was dumb.

But a lot of much, much dumber things have been done by inebriated fellows than that.

So, if it were me, I'd consider it a success!

KenLee

WKR
Went to a benefit dinner and had too many beers and bought a Tikka T3x lite in 300 win mag. I just got done setting up a Browning X bolt pro long range in 7 mag which I really like (although it is a little heavier than I would like). I called the FFL and asked if I could exchange the $1,400 credit for something else, nope. Most of my hunts are deep (9+ miles in) backpack hunts in the Sierra Nevadas for deer and bear. Looking at the ballistics of the two rounds it seems like I now have two rifles that are very similar. Are there scenarios where I could justify keeping and setting up both of these rifles? I really would prefer to built an ultralight, compact backpacking gun for my California backcountry hunts….something in a shorter, say 20” barrel in one of the 6.5s. I did just draw a late rifle elk tag in AZ for this year hence the 7 mag. If I only keep one of them which should I send packing?
How dare that gun dealer not give you $1400 store credit on exchange for a $800 rifle 😞

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve made far worse choices than that when I was drinking. I signed up for a time share once. Luckily there was a 24 hour out period.

I got drunk and ordered a fishing reel of Cabelas. When it arrived, I hid it from my wife at the time. I forgot about the reel and found it 2 years later.

Man that was almost 20 years ago.

OP

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
How dare that gun dealer not give you $1400 store credit on exchange for a $800 rifle 😞
I thought the same. The store has that same rifle on the shelf for $1,539. Sportsmans is $1,299. Didn’t pay tax and it’s a write off. Guess it wasn’t a bad deal. Keep in mind I’m in California.

KenLee

WKR
I thought the same. The store has that same rifle on the shelf for $1,539. Sportsmans is $1,299. Didn’t pay tax and it’s a write off. Guess it wasn’t a bad deal. Keep in mind I’m in California.
Must be something extra to the rifle then. Eurooptic has a 300wm Tikka 3x lite for $770

OP

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Must be something extra to the rifle then. Eurooptic has a 300wm Tikka 3x lite for $770
It was the Roughtec Ember, still not worth the extra coin if that’s the only difference? Who knows. I have a 10 day waiting period to get my hands on it. I was seeing two of them at the time now that would have been a deal.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider

Off topic, but you sure it's a write off?

My understanding with those Auctions has always been since you are getting something/merchandise in return that it's not a "donation" and can't be written off.

Just curious.

KenLee

WKR
Off topic, but you sure it's a write off?

My understanding with those Auctions has always been since you are getting something/merchandise in return that it's not a "donation" and can't be written off.

Just curious.
Rule is that anything paid over true value is a write off.
Most folks put the entire amount in like a donation though

Reactions: TVW