First Archery Deer

G-Hought

FNG
Well I finally got it done! Over the years I’ve had dedicated hunter or Wyoming tags where I could hunt multiple weapons, this was the first tag where I was stuck hunting only with a bow. Although it was about a 7 hour drive one way I put in about 10-12 days scouting and hunting over the course of mid august till now. Most of that time I was after one particular buck, but happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into this guy at close range. Made an awesome stalk on him and finally punched my tag! I am not great at stories but always want to contribute here. With 39.5” of mass he totally fooled me till I had him on the ground. I thought I had lowered my standards a bit for some cool cheaters, only to find out he grew on the ground 20+” from what I was expecting!
IMG_4601.jpegIMG_4623.jpeg

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Absolute stud of a buck. Job well done and congrats. Always a great feeling when they end up bigger then expected.

Rich M

WKR
Gotta love it when you walk over and start looking for a smaller deer, that can’t be the one i just shot!

He’s a beauty.