First buck with flintlock

Looks wet there. That makes the flinter kill even more impressive
Wet is not a problem if you know how to care for a flint lock in wet conditions, I do a lot of flintlock hunting. in snow, rain, fog whatever mother nature throws my way. Not all days in the whitetail woods is blue bird days. Never had a problem.

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
That's pretty cool man. I've hunted with mine a bit, and sometimes I feel like it might be harder to pull off than hunting with a trad bow
It can be a challenge. The stars aligned that day. Lots of times the miss fires and hang fires get the best of you.

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
Looks wet there. That makes the flinter kill even more impressive
I’ve had a lot of point and clicks in the kind of weather we had that day. I got a T&k hand muff and kept the action under it. Kept everything dry and a little luck probably helped

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Wet is not a problem if you know how to care for a flint lock in wet conditions, I do a lot of flintlock hunting. in snow, rain, fog whatever mother nature throws my way. Not all days in the whitetail woods is blue bird days. Never had a problem.

Great buck Ronge!

@long hunter I’d be interested to know some tips and tricks for foul weather flintlock hunting…I’m a little paranoid and keep mine in a waterproof case to my deer blind 😊