First buck with flintlock

Great buck Ronge!

@long hunter I’d be interested to know some tips and tricks for foul weather flintlock hunting…I’m a little paranoid and keep mine in a waterproof case to my deer blind 😊

Cow's knee or a very good seal of wax around the pan and where frizzen meets barrel would do it

Great buck Ronge!

@long hunter I’d be interested to know some tips and tricks for foul weather flintlock hunting…I’m a little paranoid and keep mine in a waterproof case to my deer blind 😊
Well-greased cows knee lock cover, once the rifle is primed a dap of lube around the frizzen when closed, keep the gun lock under your coat tail when sitting. Carry the gun with the lock under your upper arm when walking, Change the prime often, and use a dry cloth to wipe the pan, frizzen face and flint, A square of heavy cloth waterproofed with bees wax to cover the lock when sitting also works well and will Mould to the shape of the lock, when the time comes to shoot just let it fall to the ground.

Stalker69

WKR
Nice, that's the way black powder is ment to be. Sad it's getting rare to see anything but in lines any more. Very cool

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
It is for a fact. The neighbors dog got as much of mine this year as I did