First custom bow timberghost G3SS

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I really like my Max6 limbs and I love my belly mounted heartland customs bow, so hoping it's the best of both.

Sounds like he makes them in his off time, so they wait is 6 months. I'm not a huge aesthetics guy, in terms of custom woods etc...

Last edited:

jgrg1215

FNG
I go over to his website and look at these quite often. They definitely look to be nice bows. If I had to buy another bow today this one is up at the top of the list to try out. Please let us know how it shoots once you get it.

I'm in the que with another Bowyer now so I feel your pain on the waiting game.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
I have had my eye on his stuff for years! As soon as i can find someone with one that will let me test shoot it i will make a decision on buying one. In the meantime keep us updated when you get it and what you think!!

Gen273

WKR
Kent builds great bows; you will be pleased with your decision. Be sure to post pictures when you get the bow in hand.

Anye425

FNG
Would love to see pictures once you get it! For as much as I love my Satori, I'm thinking of a custom build in the future

wytx

WKR
Carbon lams in my bow's limbs was a game changer for me. Much smoother pull and quicker.

Be looking forward to pics when you get it.

I’ve loved mine, currently it’s back with Kent getting a new, longer set of limbs due to some damage and I can’t wait to get it back.

Good for you. Interested to hear how it shoots. Has kind of a "darth vader death star " look. Probably just point it at game and instantly they struggle to breathe and choke even before the arrow blows through the boiler room. Looks scary cool. Enjoy shooting it when it arrives.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I completely lucked into a used one in my exact specs, Kent was super nice and refunded my deposit as he hadn't started on my bow. Showed up today, still in the honeymoon phase, but it's zippy!
20220625_144953.jpg
20220625_150528.jpg

I completely lucked into a used one in my exact specs, Kent was super nice and refunded my deposit as he hadn't started on my bow. Showed up today, still in the honeymoon phase, but it's zippy!

View attachment 423022
Looks like a nice bow. What is the riser made out of ? From your picture above it looks like you have a traditional recurve. What have you noticed shooting the static limbs ? Enjoy shooting it.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
Looks like a nice bow. What is the riser made out of ? From your picture above it looks like you have a traditional recurve. What have you noticed shooting the static limbs ? Enjoy shooting it.
Not super sure on the riser wood.

I also have had a couple super recurve set ups on ilf bows, feels similar to my Max 6 limbs. Really zippy not as forgiving.

The recurve above is a heartland custom bow, I got it in a trade 62" 50#@29". It's actually the smoothest bow I've shot, and feels really good with no stacking.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
After shooting this timberghost it's just not right for me. I think I need a wide low flat grip...

I'm gonna post it up for sale in the next little bit

Sorry you didn’t like the grip, I like it but that’s such a personal thing that it’s hard to predict without holding one. he’s starting to produce an updated riser design with a grip more like what you’d find on an ILF bow, but it’s a pretty small number compared to the older designs he’s making. I think the first two of those risers didn’t get finished until this past week

If you like a wide flat grip you’d like the Cooling grip Black Widow has. It is my personal favorite
After shooting this timberghost it's just not right for me. I think I need a wide low flat grip...

I'm gonna post it up for sale in the next little bit