Fist Elk Kill As Wyoming Resident

HOT ROD

WKR
I had a general tag. The area I had scouted was so crowded with people. With no back up plan. I picked a couple of spots by use in google earth. And national forest maps... The first day in the new area. I was in fresh sing rite away... After sitting for a while. I gave a few cow calls. And this guy bugled. A few more cow calls he came rite in. Made a 25 yard broad side shot. 40 yard recovery... I was hunting solo. So I don't have a lot of pictures. But what a rush. Have in a bull screaming in Ur face. Not the biggest bull. But I was pumped...

Attachments

• 2015 Elk 2.jpg
    2015 Elk 2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 2015 Elk 1.jpg
    2015 Elk 1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 140

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats Hotrod. Good for you man. It aint about the size of the horns its about how full he fills your freezer. Great stuff.

jofes

WKR
Congratz! Im hoping to do the same thing next year. Way to be mobile.

OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
Thanks every one. I grew up in Nw Pa. Hunted turkey since I was a kidd. This is turkey hunting on steroids. WyoBowhunter21 we are going to have to get together sum time.....

Thanks every one. I grew up in Nw Pa. Hunted turkey since I was a kidd. This is turkey hunting on steroids. WyoBowhunter21 we are going to have to get together sum time.....

Definitely. I was up deer hunting all weekend but was unsuccessful. We can go shoot bows this winter.