Fixing a tear in Sitka dew point pant

Ucsdryder

WKR
I got a 5” tear in my dew points. Low enough to cover with gaiters, which I should have had on anyway but was stupid. Any ideas for best repair? Tenacious tape? @sndmn11 recommended aqua seal and tape because he wasn’t sure the tape would stick, anybody have any experience with a repair? I assume Sitka can’t help with a fix? Do they do repairs? I think I know the answer but shelling out 300 on new ones isn’t my idea of a good time.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
I got a 5” tear in my dew points. Low enough to cover with gaiters, which I should have had on anyway but was stupid. Any ideas for best repair? Tenacious tape? @sndmn11 recommended aqua seal and tape because he wasn’t sure the tape would stick, anybody have any experience with a repair? I assume Sitka can’t help with a fix? Do they do repairs? I think I know the answer but shelling out 300 on new ones isn’t my idea of a good time.
I would reach out to Sitka and ask them if they are willing to repair it first and if not their recommendation.

If neither of those two works you could always sew it back together and seal your seams. But you need to know what type of product it's made from to know what type of seam sealing product to use.

dtrkyman

WKR
I tore the back of a KUIU gator on barb wire at least 6 years ago, put a piece of duct tape on the inside of gator temporarily, it’s still there…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
My wife has sewn repairs in my hunting pants so many times it is starting to look like part of the camo.

Decker9

WKR
My first pair of dewpoints I stabbed a hole through and covered with Sitka pattern patch, I believe it was tenacious tape. Going on 6-7 years and it’s still stuck there.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
My first pair of dewpoints I stabbed a hole through and covered with Sitka pattern patch, I believe it was tenacious tape. Going on 6-7 years and it’s still stuck there.
Where did you get th patch

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tenacious tape front and back (round the edges of the tape) some aqua seal on top of that won’t hurt.

You can find pattern patches sometimes from different manufacturers or just google goretex patches.

Edit, wipe the area with acetone first because the dwr does limit adhesion.

Milzie

FNG
Sitka’s gear refurbishment center should take care of you. I’ve gotten multiple pairs of pants new having walked holes in the crotches. Clearly wear and tear, but three times now I’ve been sent a new pair of pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I use uncle lou's stealth strips for all kinds of material repairs...I think it is much better than tenacious tape. Repaired a few holes in my standhunter bibs about ten years ago and they are doing great...put a bead of aqua seal around the edge and round all the corners.

Last edited:

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
You can fill out a warranty repair on Sitka's website and they'll give you an estimate of the cost, and send a shipping label. Or you can call then and they'll send a patch kit for free. I just called about a hole in my jetstream.