The day I shot a hole in my suppressor (TBAC 338 ultra)

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
Update for anybody who cares.

At 10:18 this morning an email showed up in my inbox. They said the service was complete and they would ship it out as soon as I payed them the repair costs.

6/9 sent it out
6/12 received at tbac
6/27 service completed
6/27 ready to ship but I requested they hold until friday

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
Don’t feel too bad. I watched a guy do the same just the other day. Brand new can, on a 300WM. Must’ve gone at least 50 yards.

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
IMG_1998.png

The package has to be signed for upon delivery so due to the holiday weekend and my wifes and my schedules I requested that they wait until friday 6/30 to ship it back to me. Otherwise it would have been shipped on tues or wed. Still, pretty pleased with the turn around time.

Last edited:
OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
6/9 sent it out
6/12 received at tbac
6/27 service completed
6/27 ready to ship but I requested they hold until friday

7/6 Just got a UPS notification that it was delivered to my house, at work for another hour and a half.

Yikes I bet that was scary. Dang sorry that happened to you. Good reminder I guess to make sure they are on there right. Looks like TBAC got it fixed quick. Looks like a brand new suppressor. TBAC is an awesome company

Raider4044

Lil-Rokslider
Dude that is one steep repair bill!
You'd think tbac could help you out a little better than that, things happen..
I like dealing with companies that hook it up no questions asked

I agree. Even though the OP was at fault, I would have figured TBAC would help him out a little better than that and just charge him their cost or something. Especially when most other suppressor companies would have fixed it for free no questions asked.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I agree. Even though the OP was at fault, I would have figured TBAC would help him out a little better than that and just charge him their cost or something. Especially when most other suppressor companies would have fixed it for free no questions asked.
Big fan of TBAC and their customer service, but I agree with this. A little surprised at the cost of repairs as well.

WKR
3400 is a lot to be out for 1 can. A guy could darn near have 4 enticer lti's with stamps at that point.

Impressive turnaround by TBAC. Thanks for the updates. That can really does look new after the repair.
I have a few Dead Air cans but planned on looking at TBAC's if I ever get another.

That looks like a sweet can! A lot smaller than the 338 ultra but the noise suppression between the 2 isn’t comparable. I do love that warranty tho!
For sure
I got it specifically to run hot on gas guns.
I was really torn between sever other options but the unconditional warranty sealed the deal.
Edit to add: I have a buddy with a threaded 338 RUM so I'll see how she does on there too once I get it