Flakey buyers

I’ve sold a couple times and encountered a couple absolute idiots to deal with.

First one was a Kuiu frame and 1800 bag. I posted 5 pics of it from every angle and described it very well. Guy sends me a message a hour or so later asking for more pics. I told him I wasn’t going to take anymore because everything was shown. He said ok, I’ll think about it but basically said he was certain he was going to buy it. I informed him the first I’ll take it gets it.

I got a couple more pms in this 15 minute exchange with I’ll take it offers. However, I still waited on This guy. I told the original buyer and the other two guys about it and waited 24 hours for a reply from the first guy. He never sent me a pm back. So, I sold it to the guy in order that had contacted me. You guessed it, three days later the original guy messages me saying he’d take it. Got po’ed when I told him it was gone.

About identical in a Kifaru hunter frame too.

Now I always post the first I’ll take it posted in my PM’s gets it. Kinda cuts through the bs if they are truly interested in it.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I’ve sold a couple times and encountered a couple absolute idiots to deal with.

First one was a Kuiu frame and 1800 bag. I posted 5 pics of it from every angle and described it very well. Guy sends me a message a hour or so later asking for more pics. I told him I wasn’t going to take anymore because everything was shown. He said ok, I’ll think about it but basically said he was certain he was going to buy it. I informed him the first I’ll take it gets it.

I got a couple more pms in this 15 minute exchange with I’ll take it offers. However, I still waited on This guy. I told the original buyer and the other two guys about it and waited 24 hours for a reply from the first guy. He never sent me a pm back. So, I sold it to the guy in order that had contacted me. You guessed it, three days later the original guy messages me saying he’d take it. Got po’ed when I told him it was gone.

About identical in a Kifaru hunter frame too.

Now I always post the first I’ll take it posted in my PM’s gets it. Kinda cuts through the bs if they are truly interested in it.
You definitely learn the tricks after dealing with a few knuckle heads. My new thing is for people make me an offer I will accept that is less than my asking price. I tell them I will sell it to them for that unless I get a better offer. That generally gets them moving to make the transaction.

WMag338

WKR
I agree with most on here. Rokslide has been a great place to buy/sell with decent folks.

Michael54

WKR
My issue hasnt really been with the buyers so much as the sellers lately. The last couple things i have tried to buy have got me to the point that I will just buy it from the store and save the headache over saving the money. It's been like pulling teeth to set up a time to pick it up or getting them to actually ship it and send me a shipping confirmation.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
My issue hasnt really been with the buyers so much as the sellers lately. The last couple things i have tried to buy have got me to the point that I will just buy it from the store and save the headache over saving the money. It's been like pulling teeth to set up a time to pick it up or getting them to actually ship it and send me a shipping confirmation.
It takes just a couple of bad experiences to ruin one's perspective and we all get to make our own decisions, but over the years, while I've had a couple absolute bummer transactions on forums, the overwhelming majority of them have been good enough to keep me coming back.

It's kind of like the rest of life; I'm not going to slit my wrists because some jerks out there did their best to ruin my day, while most everyone else makes life worth living, at least in my perspective.

I’ve got just as frustrated with this site, I’ve bought guns, scopes, spotting scope all from different buyers, immediately leave them positive feedback only to never hear from them again.
I bought arrows from a vendor here he said he had 9 that were precut he needed to get rid of and ask what style fletching I wanted. When I got the arrows there were only 8 his response was well…sorry I gave you a good deal.
About a third of the arrows had the fletchings fell off after just a few shots.
I should have left him negative feedback but didn’t, I do not understand the 3 or 4 other guys just skipping out on that part.

Agross

WKR
The feedback thing can be pretty annoying. If I’m the buyer, once I receive the item, I try to remember to message them and let them know, and I’ll even go as far to say i left you feedback and would appreciate it if u could return the courtesy. Yup, sure will, and then nothing. Maybe a couple have forgot but for the most part it’s just laziness.
As far as flakes, I’ve only dealt with a couple, for the most part, my transactions have been great.

jayhawk

WKR
I've received several msgs on different platforms from people that sound really interested in a product then just ghosted. I don't know. If the price is too high, I'm the kind of guy that counter-offers with $50 less and a case of beer. It's just the wheelin' and dealin' way.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
The feedback thing can be pretty annoying. If I’m the buyer, once I receive the item, I try to remember to message them and let them know, and I’ll even go as far to say i left you feedback and would appreciate it if u could return the courtesy. Yup, sure will, and then nothing. Maybe a couple have forgot but for the most part it’s just laziness.
As far as flakes, I’ve only dealt with a couple, for the most part, my transactions have been great.
As the buyer, I'm the first person who has fulfilled my end of the deal by sending payment and I'll never leave feedback until I've received mine. Sellers need to send feedback for the payment they've received and ship in a timely fashion on a sale accurately advertised in order to deserve feedback. Years ago I left far too much feedback for people who never reciprocated and now I make sure I get mine before I leave for them, unless I'm the seller.

7mm-08

WKR
And sometimes sellers (on here even) are flakey. I attempted to purchase an item from a WKR on here the other day from the Classifieds Forum for the asking price. I'd been on the site two years longer than this person, had 29 positive feedback transactions and the seller didn't like my verbiage in my PM to him asking for his PayPal information. Go figure...

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Theres way more places to buy and sell than few years ago. Its not just Craigslist or Ebay anymore.
Ive had better experiences selling stuff if i make myself first priority, further down list is selling stuff and making a few bucks off it.

I’m not driving anywhere to meet anybody. Nobody really expects that nicety, its not the standard anymore. Don't fall for it if they ask.
I’m not holding anything for anybody- first person with money in hand gets it.

I’m not changing any plans or waiting at home to accommodate anyone elses schedule- if they want to buy it they can make it work on my schedule. If they really want the item they'll make it work.

I tell everybody i’ll meet them at a nearby store half mile away. I say call me when you get there. If they show up and call me then I give them my address. Nobody gets my address just by saying “i’ll come get it now!”
This stuff helps keep me sane and from getting frustrated or annoyed by flakes.

I been in sales and marketing about all my adult life. Strokers, flakes and tire kickers aren't a new thing. Once I made the shift to more commercial or B to B type sales and away from the general public it got better. Now that Im not depending on every sale to pay the grocery bill I enjoy working with customers more and actually have a great time just talking with them about business. If the conversation shifts to hunting or fishing even better.

hflier

WKR
The guys that ask a million questions never buy. Its some kind of weird way they get off on the interaction.

IdahoElk

WKR
I think most are living off credit and the reality of their situation may be telling them all this stuff is a luxury and not a necessity, inflation has made impulse purchases much harder to justify.

wyosteve

WKR
On the flip side, a lot of sellers seem to be lacking as well. Ads that don’t contain much information, for example, on a vehicle, how many miles. Or they say call for price! Or trying to sell tires without listing the size. I could go on. If I’m selling, I try to think of questions the buyer might have and include that info in the ad!