"Flare" (?) Problems digiscoping w/ Google Pixel 6 Pro

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro in an Otterbox Defender case. It has two camera lenses, 1-4x and then a digital telephoto that it switches to at 4x. This is problematic for digiscoping as I'd have to move the phone in relation to the ocular lens of the scope if I zoom in or out but that's not the reason I'm here.

I don't currently own a Phone Skope or Magview but am just trying it out by holding the phone against the rubber eyecup. No matter how well I do it, I get a purple flare in the image. My guess is it has something to do with the gap between the glass lens cover on the phone and the surface of the Otterbox case it's in. (Then again, there'd still be a gap between the phone glass and the actual ocular lens even if there wasn't an O'box in the way.

Do any of the sensors emit light?

Has anyone else experienced this with their phone (whatever phone that may be) and is there a fix? Is it just me?

It is a serious PITA to do this handheld and make any adjustments to the camera or scope so I really need to try this with an adapter that holds the phone. Maybe I need to adjust the eyecup so there's more or less eye relief. I wear glasses and have the eyecup dialed down for my use.

Scope: Vortex Razor 16-48x65

Here's are examples from the other night (handheld phone against scope):

PXL_20220910_011510772.jpg:

PXL_20221014_014640210.jpg