Flip caps

El_fuego

FNG
Got a quick question. Just curious what kind of flip caps are you guys running on your scopes? I’m over using butler creek caps and them constantly self opening. Just want something better. Thanks.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Butler creek here as well. I had the same problem and called up Butler Creek (great customer support). I guy on the phone told me to make sure the caps are firmly seated on the scope as far as they would go and it should fix them popping when you don't want them to. It worked and they pop only if I flip them.

wyosteve

WKR
Personally, I use one of the neoprene type 1 piece covers. Might not look as nice as the caps, but I can get it off much quicker than trying to find the 'buttons' to open the flip style. Heck of a lot cheaper as well! Just my preference.

rayporter

WKR
yep -always open when you want them closed.
i switched to a bikini or a scopecoat for bad weather. more protection any way.

you used to be able to buy clear slip on covers that did not open that were great. you could see through them in hurry or jerk them off if they had snow on them. haven't seen them for years. i have one left that fits one scope.

ChrisAU

WKR
I like the Vortex Defenders, but I love the Leupold Alumina's and Swarovski's same style. Zeiss also has objective covers in the Leupold/Swaro style. Its an honest positive for Loopy when considering a new scope.

OP
E

El_fuego

FNG
Thanks for the input. Just was seeing what everyone else was running